Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Roads & Runways  (Read 1200 times)

Unnamed

Roads & Runways
« on: 25 Jun 2004, 13:32:53 »
Hi,

I'm trying to create a Runway that can be placed in the mission editor. I'm using using Leone's runway textures and I inherited from the Fence class, as it appears to be used for OFP roads?

The problem I'm having can been seen in the following screen shot:

When I zoom out the road appears to rise above the ground, obscuring the base of the radio tower.

Does this normaly happen?

Cheers
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2004, 16:09:45 by Unnamed »

FlidMerchant

Re:Roads & Runways
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2004, 14:11:31 »
I can't help you with your problem but there are two things that you will also have to get around:

The runway will count as normal terrain so it will slow down planes that try to take off.

The AI will not recognise the roads and runways.

Kegetys' editor addon already adds roads.

Unnamed

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2004, 22:46:15 »
Hi,

The runway will count as normal terrain so it will slow down planes that try to take off.

It does work as an improved driving surface, at least a jeep will travel faster on the runway than it will on rough terrain.

I'm controling the AI so it does not need to recognize it as something to travel on.

Kegetys' editor addon already adds roads.

Yeah thats where I got the original Config info, that inherits from the Fence class. His roads have the same problem, so I guess it must be an OFP thing.

Cheers

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2004, 23:39:47 »
actually there is no config file for roads you start the beginning of the model name with asf and it works like road
there some other ones too

Unnamed

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jun 2004, 03:24:40 »
actually there is no config file for roads

Yeah, or at least there is no specific class. I think BIS only envisaged roads being laid as part of an island.

start the beginning of the model name with asf and it works like road

I think this only works when created as part of an Islands?

Did not fix the problem I had :( But I should probably be happy this works at all, using the fence class. It's a weird glitch but not fatal.

Cheers