Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Terrain in FLT or 3DS to OFP  (Read 1080 times)

spavlic

Terrain in FLT or 3DS to OFP
« on: 20 May 2004, 21:48:37 »
Hello,
I need some seroius help. I have been reading multiple forums and trying to see if what I need to do is possible and I believe it is.  OK here it is, I have a database of multigen .flt files with .rgb textures all mapped, and I want to bring them in and make them the terrain for OFP.  From what I've read none of the tools that I will need to use accept .FLT files, but I can convert them to 3DS.  What different software tools do I need to use and what process path from program to program will I need to use to end up with a board for OFP?  So far I think I need to convert them to 3DS with .bmp textures & bring them into Oxygen and save them as .p3d then go to another program.  Is this correct or am I going the in the right direction?  Thanks for the help.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Terrain in FLT or 3DS to OFP
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2004, 23:05:20 »
Terrain files in OFP are .wrp files not .p3d files.

Oxygen would not help you at all with creating a terrain for OFP.

I don't have a clue how to convert your present files to .wrp files.

Maybe someone else can help you more

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline shinraiden

• Members
  • kiite, mite, katta
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2004, 20:57:33 »
I'm not sure, but I think that there are some 3DS -> ASE converters. That would help get properly sized data into visitor, and then you could go from there. Your textures though are probably useless.

spavlic

« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2004, 16:47:30 »
What format do I need to make the textures to bring into visitor?  Thanks for the help.

Offline shinraiden

• Members
  • kiite, mite, katta
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2004, 18:05:07 »
Textures need to be 2n in square size, like 128x128, 256x256, 512x512.

Youl will need either jpg or tga source images, then process them through texview (from BIS) to convert into .paa or .pac format.