Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: wrptool floating forest probable solve  (Read 1048 times)

Offline cj525

• Members
wrptool floating forest probable solve
« on: 14 May 2004, 23:14:00 »
this is just an observation. But when I was building an island I was running into alot of floating forests. After many hours of frustration I stumbled on a solve. Firstly the forest sections placed using the region object placement tool caused the floating problem. however if I used the forest placment tool in the region menu I didn't get any floating forests. The only problem  is the forest placment tool is very limiting in how the forest is placed, meaning it places a section of forest in every cell of the selected region. So if you want a sparsley placed forest area (lots of open areas) you have to either go back and delete the sections or just place small areas.

this was just an observation if anyone else has anything to add or correct it would be most welcome.

Offline shinraiden

• Members
  • kiite, mite, katta
Re:wrptool floating forest probable solve
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2004, 22:46:54 »
Thanks for the update. The 'unique' nature of forest objects and the floating issues we've seen have been dealt with in WRPtool via a 'skewing' function that fits the forest sections to the terrain. This is only called if you use the forest placer tab on the region tool.

Your idea about using the general region tool for sparser forests is an interesting one, maps may look a bit funky if you have triangle shaped pizza-plugs all over the place though. You may want to consider making 4x ~ 9x blocks of forest using the forest placer, then copying and pasting those blocks around for a similar effect.

Offline cj525

• Members
Re:wrptool floating forest probable solve
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2004, 01:52:21 »
THats a good idea. I'm presently redoing all the forest sections on my current project, Your idea may speed the proccess up.

:cheers: