Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: addon problems  (Read 713 times)

Funky Spingers

addon problems
« on: 01 Feb 2004, 22:02:12 »
I'm having problems with addons. I've just recently built myself a brand spanking new pc and freshly reinstalled OPflashpoint and patched up to 1.95 which works fine, but as soon as I add any addon it cocks up. Specifically, it doesn't display any of the startup screens codemasters, bistudios, etc and when it gets to where the main menu displays it just displays a blank white screen. you can select menu items because I can hear the tick noise as you pass over them with the pointer but you can't see sqaut. I have started the game without any addons with no problems at all. Any ideas why there should be any problem? sorry for the long windedness of this topic but I just love addons and would be grateful for any assistance. Cheers
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2004, 22:46:28 by Funky Spingers »

asmodeus

Re:addon problems
« Reply #1 on: 03 Feb 2004, 04:06:25 »
Hi Funky Spingers!   ;D

That's a strange problem.  Unfortunately, OFPEC is a strictly editing related site and we don't allow these type of "product support" questions.

I'd suggest the official BIS forums for help with this kind of thing, specifically their troubleshooting area.  You can find their forums here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=8c41afdb11acd90b8fd09347d82cabb7&

When posting over there I suggest you post specs about your graphics card and the latest drivers that you have for it.  Also it's a good idea to try to seperate your addons and test the game to see if there's a specific addon or group of addons causing your problem.  (like an entire game modification, or just a single helicopter addon, etc)

I hope you can get the help you need!

*topic locked*

Asmo

P.S.  Your post wasn't long winded, it just would have been easier to read with a new paragraph or two.   ;)

*edit*

P.P.S.  You might also want to check this terrific OFP FAQ site made by The Avon Lady:

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/

I've found countless answers to my problems there.   ;)
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2004, 04:10:02 by Asmodeus »