Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Flying is Fun  (Read 1696 times)

Dubieman

Flying is Fun
« on: 31 Jan 2004, 20:09:51 »
Well I was wondering if a CWC air campaign has been made following the missions in CWC campaign from an pilots point of view? :)

I've heard of soldiers behind te fighting and charlie's APC views, but not an air version.

I'm in the process of making missions to simulate the escalating events and I am on the first Everon invasion where you fly the guys into the Morton assault mission.

If anyone out there wants to help like make missions, script, voice act, and other stuff, drop me a PM.

Of course this campaign would have new missions as well with more ground support missions and such. ;D

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Flying is Fun
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2004, 23:23:02 »
no advertising please.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 01 Feb 2004, 03:07:34 »
Well whoops then. Ok has anybody made or heard of a CWC air campaign instead?

OrangeLeader

« Reply #3 on: 01 Feb 2004, 07:06:43 »
What is CWC?

SgtPoole

« Reply #4 on: 01 Feb 2004, 10:10:22 »
Cold War Crisis...Original OFP....

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #5 on: 01 Feb 2004, 11:34:02 »
I think it's a nice idea. I want dogfights, I tried to do a dogfight mission in 1.91 but the AI was too dumb. Now with 1.95 I suggest someone to do it. Would be cool, but you need a fighter addon. You can't have a decent dogfight with A10s.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

SgtPoole

« Reply #6 on: 01 Feb 2004, 20:12:04 »
Fighting with AIA's planes is good fun.

Some Battle of Britain fun there!

Dubieman

« Reply #7 on: 02 Feb 2004, 20:44:18 »
Yes yes I will put dogfights in cause I have 1.95 and the AI is not as dumb as dirt either. :toocool:

I think I will use the F18 and MIG29 unless others have better opinions. Armstrong is right, A10s are way to slow for dogfights and they are mainly ground attackers anyway. SU25's are okay but I think some current jet's AA missiles would go nicely as AI uses only cannon right now.

CWC does stand for Cold War Crisis and I think some more air missions would be good cause all other sides of the story have been told.

Like resistance, east, west, tanks.CWC had 4-5 air missions.  :'(

But of course you gotta lke flying to enjoy this. ;D

I'll take any mission ideas though! I have already made three missions as I have a busy schedule and the first one is about the pilot who you play trying to well get on the pilot "roster" as in pass the easy test with a Kiowa. I was thinking the campaign should start easy....
Now the second one is easy too, just insert your troops in near Morton and then "help" the infantry and the Cobra by spraying rockets into the town of Morton.
I'm considering giving the EAST an AA gun to make it semi hard for the Cobra to make the mission's call for supporting fire more realistic. :)

Third mission is where your troops have taken Montignac and are besieged by four squads and one or two BMPs.
You must get in your blackhawk MG and provide covering fire so the besieged troops can kill the BMPs. You take the role of killing infantry and flying low. The problem is the UH60MG needs more armor cause the BMPs shoot it down way to quick. My answer to this question is pending in the editors forums. Then you evac some black op guys right as east tanks rumble through and you must get off the island as Papa Bear has issused the retreat order so you must EVACuate Everon.

How is it? Suggestions? More missions inbetween? :)

:cheers:

Dubieman

« Reply #8 on: 03 Feb 2004, 02:08:26 »
I need air ideas for malden missions now! :)
As you have evacuated everon, your on malden now just chillin out..... ;D

Ideas? ;D

Offline P2

• Members
  • Historicus
« Reply #9 on: 03 Feb 2004, 13:32:56 »
Maybe you could take your Cobra or Apache and help to hold off BMP's etc. attacking a beach.

Dubieman

« Reply #10 on: 03 Feb 2004, 21:42:36 »
Yeah something like that.... :)

Or maybe use the Kiowa for what it is suppoded to be used for nocturnal gunboat threats! ;D

Like the mission where armstrong defends the AA guns at night there.

Like say he nuetralizes the spetz natz :thumbsup: and calls for support since the boats and BMPs are closing in.
You fly around at night and attack, pretty damn simple except the BMPs have machine guns. :(
Then I'll use your senario maybe in a little different place like farther north or something cause there were no western helis when east invaded la riverie.
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2004, 21:44:09 by GuiltyRoachKilla »

Dubieman

« Reply #11 on: 05 Feb 2004, 01:54:33 »
Well I'm getting bored and no one has answered a "help me with this campaign" as I'm running short of ideas. :(

Not sure if i'll complete this.... :-\
Making campiagns isn't my fortay, maybe I might be more inspired when OFPEC gets back up.

I'm thinking of taking the exciting missions I would have made and keep them single player missions or make mission packs.

If anyone wants to continue the campaign just PM me and I can send you the missions to your Email.

Tired and moored down in homework.... :'( :( >:(