Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Question on a problem with roadway in o2 im having...  (Read 1717 times)

ofp..hahha

I am making an object with a roadway on it i know how to do everything and everything seems correct but Its really weird when i import the object into game and start to test it in Res.

Its like a freakin random variable sometimes one part of the deck has no roadway and u can just go right through it like butter... then i go back into the editor place the object In a different location and a different section of the object has no roadway Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
Re:Question on a problem with roadway in o2 im having...
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2002, 17:55:25 »
max size of roadway for a model is 50m x 50m. If your model is bigger than this that could be your problem
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

ofp..hahha

« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2002, 19:32:01 »
Well its not bigger than 50 meters...

Timmothias

« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2002, 19:36:42 »
i got a question, does this mean that the roadway LOD can only  be in an area of 50m x 50m or that each individual piece of the roadway can only be 50m x 50m? i was thinkin about makin some buildings that you could walk in and stuff, but if you can only put roads in an area of 50m x 50m, then that sucks.

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 15 Sep 2002, 19:39:03 »
Max size of roadway lod is 50x50, if you want bigger than that your model will have to be broken into seperate models an assembled in the mission editor/wrpedit etc
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Timmothias

« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2002, 20:25:05 »
any limit on z axis? like, can i have a 50 x 50, 10 story skyscraper with a staircase going all the way up?

ofp..hahha

« Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2002, 23:24:13 »
yeah is there any way around this,...

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2002, 23:54:16 »
@Timmothias: Yes and no. The thickness is not limited, but it can not be hollow. Meaning that the roadway LOD can't be in the general shape of the house. 50x50 meters/model. And you can't have one floor, 50x50 meters, then another floor, 50x50 meters.

@NAA US Marine: Yes, there is a way around this. Breaking your model up into several pieces and assemble them in WrpEdit or the Editor.

Cheers, KTottE
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"