Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: No Texture Loaded?!!!  (Read 3722 times)

ofp..hahha1

No Texture Loaded?!!!
« on: 13 Sep 2002, 22:18:56 »
This is a dumb question but it says No texture loaded all im trying to load is a background texture and Im at work right now and im sure ill figure it out when I get home but It would be great to get an easy answer.

I already right clicked and selected the texture to load. It had no problem with loading it into pac but when I hit "B" to load it up into the window it says no texture loaded! so again its dumb but I have to get It done someday.

freemanrebel

Re:No Texture Loaded?!!!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2002, 22:03:33 »
im having the same problem... i make a box .. attempt to apply a background texture.. pick the texture and nothing happens.. no texture is displayed in O2...and when I hit "b" i get "no texture loaded" .... ive tryed gif's, pac's, paa's nothing works... HELP ME TOO...

Thanks, John

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2002, 22:12:13 »
OK, you need the following

gif in a power of 2 (128 x 128 256...etc)256 colour non interlaced
and the ability to read the install instructions.....

Unzip oxygen to any directory
unzip viewer to root
place gifs in root

Press A in oxygen
Right click and select load texture
in the menu box that appears change filetype to gif  and select your texture

It should appear

Then select a face using the mouse, and using the cursor keys adjust the textures position. Press B and away you go.

'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

SFG

« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2002, 22:14:45 »
Watch my tutorial on skinning :P

freemanrebel

« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2002, 22:52:48 »
ok one more stupid question... by root do you mean he same directory o2 is installed in

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 14 Sep 2002, 23:12:08 »
Sorry no....

root (old dos term - can you hear the unix people moaning :) in this case refers to the actual root folder of the drive

c:\ or d:\ depending on whatever drive letter you are using. Its a bit of a pain as I like to keep this tidy but the boffins who wrote O2 have stated this.
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Offline trinec

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2002, 01:53:11 »
ok for all the regular speaking non mumbo jumbo nonsense sounding stuff have you read the readme its not so straight forward.  But i couldnt get the gif to show either but if you look in options and dll folder set it to your oxygen directory were you unzipped oxygen into. that fixed my problem i can see it in viewer and in oxygen now.

freemanrebel

« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2002, 12:53:51 »
WOOO HOOO!!!!! I did it guys... Thanks for the help... Im a new guy as you can tell... putting buldozer and the gif's in the root directory worked.. Thanks alot

LdMaster

« Reply #8 on: 16 Sep 2002, 15:51:16 »
I have the problem too and i have do the things you say
but there is still an error . " Unable to convert texture, pac2pal error! "

Also bitte helft mir . (German)  ;D

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 16 Sep 2002, 21:41:15 »
I just got that error with a background..... I looked at the reference picture and guess what...

Dimensions were not in powers of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 etc)

Smacked myself on the head because my Photoshop PC is currently filled with my 3 year old nephew who is better at the Jedi Knight 2 demo than me....the shame. So I can't work on my model for a few hours....damn.

make sure your texture is dimensioned correctly.
Albus Dumbledore

Offline jojimbo

• Members
  • I'm a BIG FAT LAZY llama!
« Reply #10 on: 17 Sep 2002, 08:10:41 »
I had same thing,
I looked over all the forums relating to oxygen,
got on icq and msn and talked to modders,
everything...
buldozer worked,i could see the textures,
but always,"no texture loaded"
so in an act of despair,I dumped everything in
the o2_viewer folder straight onto the C:\ drive,
and guess what,
works a treat,I had so much pleasure putting
the M16_mag.gif onto the M16.
worked for me. :)

LdMaster

« Reply #11 on: 17 Sep 2002, 18:54:20 »
But i have the Pic from the M16 tut. and i thing this must be
right . Or not ?

Cyclops

« Reply #12 on: 10 Oct 2002, 19:03:43 »
Jedi im an newb so could you explain your directions in more detail PLZ HELP ME

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 10 Oct 2002, 19:30:31 »
OK, to recap.... The first thing you need to do is read the readme files. I know thats obvious but the solution to most problems are found there.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard301/ikonboard.cgi?s=3da5a57141f1ffff;act=ST;f=47;t=20037

This is a gppd place to start. I wrote it a while ago.

Main thing is unzip the viewer into c:\ (or d:\, e:\) depending on your system.

You can install the O2Light somewhere else, thats not important. For instance mine was unzipped to c:\games\operation flashpoint\oxygen.

Now, insert the Original CWC CD into your CD drive and start up Oxygen. You will have to set up a few things in FILE OPTIONS before you can import textures.

From memory go to FILE OPTIONS, double click on viewer and select the buldozer.exe. Then in the bottom of the window you should see a textbox, enter -window -noland -dx as file attributes.

There might be more to do here but Im away from O2Light atm so I can't tell you - it will be in readme though.

Now, exit and restart O2. The viewer should start, if you see a green ground with normal OFP sky then its working. Start modelling :) If not try the flashpoint.cfg method detailed in the above link.

I can load textures - gifs, tga and pa* from any location so texture path should not be a problem but if in doubt work in the root directory - C:\

Cyclops - if this does not help plz reply detailing your particular problem :)
Albus Dumbledore

Cyclops

« Reply #14 on: 10 Oct 2002, 20:24:43 »
That all worked fine but when i hit a right click load the texture turn it to a GIF file hit open make the box where i want my texture and hit b it says No Texture Loaded...