Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Weird track anim...  (Read 908 times)

Fab.

Weird track anim...
« on: 31 Oct 2003, 16:39:15 »
Hi there

I have a problem with the track animation of my panther tank. It's driving me mad and i dunno what the hell is wrong. See that pic :

This is what happen when the traks starts to move. The animation is fucked up as u can see... there are "gaps" in the animation...

I tried to replace the texture file by a working one, and i have the same problem.

I tried to take a working track and replace the texture file with my texture file and it works fine.

So the problem is not from my texture itself.

The model seems to be alrite and the selections are done properly.

So it looks like I havent applied the textures like i was supposed to... So can anyone have a look at this and explain me what's wrong ? How i am suppoed to apply these textures to have the track working properly ?

http://fab.ofp.free.fr/tracks/ECA_Panther.zip

Thanks a lot in advance,

Fab. (tired by this 2 month old tracks problems)

swift88

Re:Weird track anim...
« Reply #1 on: 01 Nov 2003, 13:38:06 »
dont you have to add seperate objects called :
PasAnimL / PasAnimP
and also this (both being different copies of the track)
pasoffsetL / pasoffsetP  (p= right and L= left)
SWIFT
if it doesnt work im out of sugestions

Fab.

« Reply #2 on: 01 Nov 2003, 14:59:34 »
Yes that's what i did and it's not working... i can try every selections i want :
I still have the animated parts looking weird...

Thanks for your answer

swift88

« Reply #3 on: 01 Nov 2003, 20:14:49 »
well i have the same problem on my warrior and my Sultan, but i fixed it but i cant remeber how i did it so im really am sorry

Fab.

« Reply #4 on: 02 Nov 2003, 00:38:47 »
Did you ? well i'm happy i'm not alone in that shit... At least someone experimented the same problem
Well if you can remember how to fix that, give me a ring !
I'm gonna try to post at BIS' forum as soon as i'm authorized to post new topics...

cheers

Fab.

Fab.

« Reply #5 on: 07 Nov 2003, 17:56:27 »
Hi guys !

good news : I think i solved the problem...

It seems like if i apply a texture from a .pbo which name is longuer than 8 characters (or something like that), for exemple :
"ECA_Panther\Paas.pac"
Then i'll have the animation bug.
If i try to replace the texture using the properties dialog by another texture from a .pbo with a short name, it doesnt fix the animation...

BUT if i apply directly the textures from the .pbo with a short name, for exemple :
"FAB_PzV\Paas.pac"
And i apply that texture rather than replace the old one, then the animation works

Weird isnt it ?
The best explanation i have is it looks like applying a texture from a pbo with a long name will screw up UV coordinates, so the looping animation will not work properly...

Fab (happy he had solved the problem after 2 months)
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2003, 17:57:46 by Fab. »