Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AT-AT  (Read 860 times)

Offline the corinthian

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
AT-AT
« on: 23 Oct 2003, 18:43:23 »
Hi

I have a couple of AT-AT models, one for Maya and the other 3DS I think, I havent done any modelling but would love to see an AT-AT in OFP, even if its legs dont move and it is just on castors so to speak.

I have a newborn baby and cant afford the time to dedicate to learning about modelling etc to accomplish this, not with my other commitments as a clan leader so is anyone interested in doing this or giving me a step-by-step on what to do?

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
Re:AT-AT
« Reply #1 on: 23 Oct 2003, 21:46:57 »
 ::) well, I can't offer you any sbs tute, mainly coz I just spent the last week on
building my own first model ( ==quite an O2 n00b myself ).  ;D

but my model works great (its a tank, yup, a rough start indeed) and has great textures as well, so I know enough to tell ya THIS dood :

modelling/texturing is basically sitting 200 hours in front of a screen,
making something that it only takes 1 second to delete!  ::)

(yeah, I did that too - dooh!!! )  >:( ;D

anyway m8, once you have O2 installed it won't take ya much more then a day or three to read, test & understand the avaliable tutorials.  :)

But an AT-AT is to my knowledge a starwars vehicle and thus not really for realism-combat ofp sites like ofpec ( ??? not sure but I think thats the politics around... used to be.)

And yer vehicle would only be a gliding static object (perhaps with a "turret" head)
as the 4-legs walker animation isn't created (yet) for the ofp engine.  :(

it could be fun though to see a total star wars mod for ofp, but thats prolly a job outside ofpec, maybe by starting your own mod site ?!  :D

you can always upload the models to some site (ofp.cz or alike) and hope that someone wanna do it for ya?!)

Kaliyuga

« Reply #2 on: 23 Oct 2003, 22:47:01 »
 It's all in the technicalities really..   ;D

if you want to ask about how to make/model/config a sci-fi addon then it's still relevant to editing  enough to be allowed..... or at least that's how I understand it ;)

and there is a Star Wars Mod out there somewhere ...

I saw some news maybe a week or two ago on ofp.info site about some spaceship they were making..

in the screenies there were pics of AT-AT's and AT-ST's also  

Do a search of ofp.info....   and there is one site that is about sci-fi addons for OFP....  don't remember the name though...    :P

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2003, 22:59:45 »

:D I found a site :

It's right HERE  :-* and eat me if it wasn't old BISHOP sitting on the throne there! Hehehe, no matter where you surf on the net you stumble across old ofpec members  8) ;D

anyway, have a peep at the site, dude. Maybe Bishop there can help ya?!  :D

later,

Tombster