Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: .p3d corruption  (Read 1055 times)

lordhorus

.p3d corruption
« on: 30 Sep 2003, 17:45:11 »
i have a .p3d model but it seems to have been corrupted :-\ does anybody know how to restore a corrupted file? or do i have to start all over with the model.

when i load the model in the OPF editor it pops back to the desktop.

plz help me obi wan kenobi your my only hope ;D

swift88

Re:.p3d corruption
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2003, 18:05:30 »
its only corrupt, because you havent finished the model........ in oxygen
maybe due to the fact that you have completely missed out the either one of these LODS listed below:
geometry
fire geometry
memory
hit points
pilots view
gunners view
commanders view
if any of these isnt understood either open up and look at other models de-pboed obviously and see what they have put (has to be similar to your model)

lordhorus

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2003, 18:39:20 »
strange i havent had this before, i dont want to make the entire model and find out that its al been for nothing. you know what i mean :-\

even without these lods the model should work! or else i cant even preview what im creating

« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2003, 18:41:03 by lordhorus »

swift88

« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2003, 20:11:17 »
are we talking about previw in O2, well thats not to deal with the problem, as said before, its the lods stated above, because they are needed if its a moving vehicle for instance......... otherwise it wont work plane and simple........... oh maybe it may be down to the fact that you havent added proxys

lordhorus

« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2003, 21:04:02 »
Great! you where right Swift, seems that you have to have these lods when dealing with a large addon, seems that some smaller addons can be previewd in the editor without some of these lods.

thankz a lot everything is working fine now. :)

swift88

« Reply #5 on: 30 Sep 2003, 22:14:47 »
no probs............  8)