Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Fatal Music Error !  (Read 1684 times)

Offline goki

• Members
Fatal Music Error !
« on: 20 Sep 2003, 16:12:54 »
Hi ya,  

now I call this problem a fatal error cause it is really problematic !  >:(

I have read bloodmixer's sound tutorial, applied anything in that and my music file isnot playing !  >:(

what I did;

I converted my mp3 into ogg by using Wavesurfer and it didn't work and then I used many other softwares including Audio Conversion Wizard. But the only thing I got is crash to desktop !

There is no mistake in my description.ext file cause when I put another ogg file into my music folder which is from a tutorial mission, it works fine !

so the only problem can be wrong format !

hey can the length of the song be the problem? it is around 3 minutes yet I also tried another 30 seconds version ! both didn't work !

I converted it as 44100khz,  16-bit, stereo

but I don't know if it is about constant or variable bitrate ! ?

I am giving a made-up yahoo mail account where I put the file cause I couldn't attached the music file to this message - exceeding 50KB. thing -, now it is ogg and not working ! it is around 600KB...

made up yahoo mail account:    mysoundproblem@yahoo.com

password is;                              mistake

go to http://mail.yahoo.com/

click;   check mail

file is a message with the subject name;      problematic sound file

attachment is objective.zip

my question is that; could you convert it and try if it works in your mission ?

if it works for you so you can direct me to the right way. you can say which conversion programme does work and how.

-Gokistanis

Offline SickSidewinder

• Members
  • I hump llamas
    • My New Site
Re:Fatal Music Error !
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2003, 23:23:31 »
i think it has to be mono, and try dpowerAmp with ogg codec
My site
call Marge.
Re: Horror

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2003, 03:33:02 »
Music files should be stereo.

Sound files should be mono.

It depends on what section of the .ext file you've got it in really. I think constant bitrate is also what OFP's after, though I have heard mixed reports on this one...

I'd check things like spelling in your .ext file (maybe you accidently have the names different), and little niggly things like that. It's often those sort of silly things that trip us up the most ;)

Offline goki

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2003, 18:04:11 »
hi ya,    

I attached my description file yet it seems to be a more serious problem :(

here problem is objective.ogg is not read by the game.

I am waiting your message,

-Gokistanis

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2003, 01:29:08 »
Hmm... try quickly making a new mission, and copy and paste just that music entry from your .ext file.

Then try playing the music in that mission... this way you'll know if it's the format, or the .ext file.

Could be that you got a dodgey conversion...

Offline goki

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 22 Sep 2003, 15:00:54 »
hi again,  

it sounds reasonable but to me, if you propose to me a software which you use successfully  - in order to convert your audio files to ogg -  it could be more helpful :)

I mean one said that "use dbpoweramp with ogg codec". Sui, what are you using exactly? with what settings; as Khz, and other settings you set up or just leave?

besides, were your sound files mp3 or wave before conversion? maybe that matters?

okay I will try to make a new mission but listen, I must state that "the sound tutorial mission" of bloodmixer is working perfectly ( I had downloaded it from the tutorial section, bloodmixer's sound tutorial and then in that tutorial, in th end of the tutorial, there is a zip link to download that mission.

I go to music folder of that mission (sound tutorial mission) and change the music file "helimusic.ogg" with my ogg file which is "objective.ogg" and I change the name "objective.ogg" with the name "helimusic.ogg" . and try if it is working and it crashed to desktop ! so in description file of the original mission, there is also music class as "helimusic.ogg" that I haven't touch it!

consequently, if you step by step teach me the exact programme to use, the appropriate settings of the programme to be done I can get rid of this evil circumstance.

I simply want to know what you exactly do and don't

furthermore could you send me a simple ogg file you coverted from mp3 or wave to ogg - less that 50KB so you can attach with your message - that can be awesome for me. thus I can understand if your "encoded" file which works for you, works for me too or not?

I am waiting your precious help :) thanks for your effort till now,

-Gokistanis

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #6 on: 23 Sep 2003, 06:16:31 »
Well... to tell you the truth I've never had much of a play with music ;D

I can tell you how I implement sound... I don't imagine music would be too much different :)

I use dBPoweramp with the .ogg plugin, and a program called CoolEdit to add effects.

As far as I'm aware, music should be stereo at a constant bitrate. I don't the the Khz matters all that much (though I'd make it smaller rather than larger, to keep the file size down).

I suggest try converting it from mp3 to .wav and seeing if media player plays it OK. If that's all good, convert it to .ogg and see if OFP likes it :)

Offline goki

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 23 Sep 2003, 13:48:25 »
still struggling...  

I want to cry now !!!! why only I am getting in such deep, weird problems !

someone should send me an ogg file, around 20-30 Kb maybe, which works for them and then I can figure out if it is working for me or not.

to me, it'd be much more helpful...!

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #8 on: 24 Sep 2003, 01:13:22 »
Right... that's it!
We'll kick this damn problem in the arse ;)

I have to go to work to learn about Win 2000 right now, but when I get back tonight I'll take an .mp3, convert it to wav, then convert it to .ogg and make sure it's working in OFP.

The reason I'm hesitant to just send over an .ogg file is because sound is different from music. I think they're handled slightly differently.

Anyway, I'm on it ;)

Offline goki

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 07 Oct 2003, 14:14:38 »
Hi ya

I know my delay is horrible, but I happily state that now I kicked the d.mn a.s of the problem

thanks Sui, you really struggled about...

C ya  

-Gokistanis