Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: cargo visibility and transparent textures  (Read 1315 times)

Schlicki

cargo visibility and transparent textures
« on: 03 Sep 2003, 15:27:40 »
Hey dudes, I got two question:

I'm modelling an A400M (the new transport plane for the european armies) and I still got two huge problems.

1. I can't see the cargo from outside the plane. The soldiers get in the plane, but you can't see them. If you get in as cargo they are sitting next to you , so that works quite right. I tried making a view-cargo-geometry LOD but that didn't chango nothing. I also got a view-geometry LOD and the proxies are in 0.00 LOD. Did I forget something to make it work right? Or do I have to change the LODs in a special way?

2. I still didn't get transparent textures ingame. I actually got problems with texview, it won't load any of my .tga files. Do they need to be specially formated?

thx

Schlicki

Re:cargo visibility and transparent textures
« Reply #1 on: 03 Sep 2003, 20:40:53 »
Well I got the second problem fixed: I compressed the .tga files and that'S why TexView didn't wanna open them. So don't compress if you got the same prob.

To the other one, I even put one of the soldier above the plane so there should be no problem with LODs, but it still won't show up.
Is there something in the config missing?

ply help, even if you just guess what could solve it

swift88

« Reply #2 on: 03 Sep 2003, 21:15:39 »
well to see all the men in the outside view...... copy them from the cargo LOD and then copy it into the LODs consisting of the lowest number so it will be shown close up

Schlicki

« Reply #3 on: 03 Sep 2003, 21:48:13 »
I did that and I checked the names of the proxies again and again but it they won't whow up.
Hmm, I'll redo that, maybe...

swift88

« Reply #4 on: 03 Sep 2003, 22:00:04 »
i presume you named the cargo positon proxy:cargo.01 etc.........

Schlicki

« Reply #5 on: 03 Sep 2003, 23:13:31 »
yeah i did

Offline andersson

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 20 Feb 2004, 13:49:55 »
I have the opposite problem. I can see the cargo in the hummer I am making but I cant see the others when IÂ'm in the cargo.....

Leone

« Reply #7 on: 27 Feb 2004, 04:37:27 »
If you want to have textures that make use of the alpha channel then you need...an alpha channel (naturally), it needs to be save as a 32-bit .tga file, then converted into a .paa file using Texview.  :)