Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: can a car have more than one weapon... a turret like a tank??  (Read 1566 times)

strumgewehren

I need to know if its possible to put a machine gun, turret with missles on a car.. Im working on an avenger air defence system.  this is just a humvee with a turret mounted on the back.  it mounts one 50 caliber machine gun and two 4 tube stinger pods. any suggestions??

DeLiltMon

Re:can a car have more than one weapon... a turret like a tank??
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2003, 09:29:01 »
Can't have missiles on wheeled vehicles unfortunately, the OPF engine doesn't support it  :(

strumgewehren

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2003, 11:31:04 »
would it be possible to write the config file just like a tanks except change the sound to a humvee. change max speed and perhaps hide tank parts with in the model.  basically its cpp would be a tanks but it would look and sound like a humvee??thanks

DeLiltMon

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2003, 13:56:00 »
I think it's possible, but the front wheels wouldn't turn when you steered and you'd have to do some fiddling with the config to stop it being able to turn on the spot.

The other option is to do what was done with the TOW Humvee that was released and to config the misile launcher as a gun and give the bullet the same damage values, speed etc as the missile but as you want to do an AA missile it would be very hard to use since you won't be able to lock onto the target.

PsyWarrior

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2003, 14:14:15 »
oh well. There's always the 1.93 patch...
Code: [Select]
#loop
;probability of BIS upgrading wheeled veichles
_prob = random 9
? _prob > 10: goto "fixed"
~0.1
goto "loop"

#fixed
hint "Error"
exit
::)
Code: [Select]
PsyWarrior sidechat "Don't worry. I write everything in sqs now"

Office of the Psychic Productions Supreme Commander
=======================================
Supr. Cmdr. PsyWarrior

strumgewehren

« Reply #5 on: 18 Jul 2003, 00:23:27 »
i think im going to still make it.  It will just have the wheel and movement problem for now.  I know little of config files but im going to try.  Perhaps there is some scripting that could be done to fix those problems.. its over my head though. hopefully bis will make that patch

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2004, 17:30:21 »
So how do the armed hummvees work?
With the TOW launcher
Nearestobject script started in the cpp or summin?
- Ben