Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: America's Army Models  (Read 1205 times)

Sarge6754

America's Army Models
« on: 11 Jul 2003, 04:50:03 »
I want to import the player models from America's Army (the game) and put them into flashpoint. How would I go about doing this? The America's Army Operations player models look way way way better than any existing addon for flashpoint. The AA models are in .utx format. Any feedback would help. Thanks.

registered_fugitiv

Re:America's Army Models
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2003, 11:45:11 »
This has come up several times before it may be e possible but you will need to know your way around Maya and have the .Utx plug in for it
but from what i have heard in the past its not possible sorry mate
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2003, 11:46:14 by registered_fugitiv »

Mr_Shady

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2003, 19:39:16 »
.utx is an Unreal engine model file, not sure if it can be converted into anything else  :-\

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2003, 14:57:22 »
Well if you do convert it will take ages to setup all the hardpoints for animations

Vyper

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2003, 19:19:40 »
i think the thing which makes the AA models look better is they are animated a lot better....obvously without a whole engine rework you wouldn't be able to get those animations in to OFP so i think you may as well just swap textures or try to do something like that.

Vyper

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2003, 23:23:41 »
They are silly high-poly as well, and that makes them unfit for OFP-space.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Vyper

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2003, 16:48:46 »
low frame rate....i'm afraid if you put them in OFP you'd be runing a poorly animated slide show unless your on a cray computer!

Vyper

Drewb99

« Reply #7 on: 16 Jul 2003, 03:09:13 »
Not really, the weapons in that game are more poorly modeled than OFP's so it's a safe bet the soldiers aren't too high-poly either.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 16 Jul 2003, 09:37:00 »
Both the weapons and the character models have way more polygons than their OFP equivalents, trust me.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"