Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Engine Strength  (Read 814 times)

AngusHeaf

Engine Strength
« on: 10 Jul 2003, 08:45:55 »
I'm looking for a bit of info on whether or not it is possible to make an engine stronger (quicker accelerating) without making the vehicle (in this case, a plane) have a faster top speed. Is this possible? If it is possible, what do I need to adjust in the CPP to accomplish this?

I have been combing through the commented configs and forums for a little while and still no luck. THanks in advance!

DeLiltMon

Re:Engine Strength
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2003, 09:46:13 »
I'd be interested in knowing this as well as I'd like to reduce the rate of accelleration for the jeep class.

AngusHeaf

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2003, 04:01:50 »
Well, so far my searching has turned up absolutely nothing on both this forum and the official forum. I'm starting to think no one has any real clue about how acceleration works for aircraft. Or if they do, they aren't saying because I see far too many similar questions about this type of thing with no solid answers dating way back.

So far I've tried tweaking just about everything in the CPP. I've opened a plane's p3d and lowered the mass hoping it would help. No good, the A10 is still dog-slow out of the blocks and accelerating. What's the deal?

Lt.Shitkilla

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2003, 13:35:35 »
On some addons, in the config file i've seen there is a thrust/thrusttime feature, i'm not sure if this is just for rockets/weapons but u mite wanna check this out, i think this maybe the thing you are searching for, i will read as many config's as i can to check on this, but i have seen this trust/thrusttime somewhere.

Lt. Shitkilla