Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Aircraft flight variables.  (Read 1623 times)

Baphomet

Aircraft flight variables.
« on: 09 Jun 2003, 07:09:00 »
Is there a member that defines how fast an aircraft can accelerate? Furthermore. I've been looking around and I can't seem to figure out what the "cost" of any unit actually does to affect it in any way.

Eviscerator

Re:Aircraft flight variables.
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jun 2003, 11:58:52 »
Furthermore. I've been looking around and I can't seem to figure out what the "cost" of any unit actually does to affect it in any way.

I think 'cost' in vehicles determines how valuable it is for the AI to attack, im not completely sure on this however, but on ammunition in weapons, the more expensive it is the less they use it, (single shot is cheapest, burst is more expensive and auto is even more expensive), either way its definately to do with AI and how they use/attack the vehicle.

Skaircro

« Reply #2 on: 09 Jun 2003, 14:44:58 »
Cost of ammo for vehicles also effects the time it takes for each round to be reloaded onto the vehicle.
For example when rearming a plane from an ammo truck.

Baphomet

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2003, 03:14:19 »
Ok. That improves my understanding of that at least. Heh. So does anyone know aside from the normal commented configs where I can get info on various OFP flight model variables?

flapsFrictionCoef = 0.8;
      brakeDistance=100;
      ejectSpeed[]={0,80,0};
      precision=200;
      aileronSensitivity = 1.0;
      elevatorSensitivity = 1.0;
      noseDownCoef = 1.0;
                                landingSpeed = 250;  
                                manuverability=10.0;
      landingAoa = 10*3.1415/180;

There are probably more. But I really wish I knew what some of thes did...

I think I have a good idea what aileron sensitivity and elevator sensitivity do... landingAoa... or ejectspeed?

Does flapsfrictioncoeff determine how much speed the aircraft loses when turning? Ideas, guesses? If anyone knows I'd be quite grateful.

BraTTy

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jun 2003, 22:36:36 »
The  noseDownCoef = 1.0;  determines how much the nose drops during turns...lower is less

How sensitive the ailerons and flaps are..A10 has settings of 1,making them lower values makes the plane less touchy

precision=200;
 Appears to be how close they are to where they are supposed to be... A plane set with this to 10 for example shouldnt wander more than 10 meters from the formation its supposed to be

flapsFrictionCoef = 0.8;
How effective the flaps are

landingAoa = 10*3.1415/180;
Angle of attack (approach) for planes, some planes need wider angles and a longer approach (for AI usage)

landingSpeed = 250;
How fast the AI will land your plane,too fast and it will take damage,too slow it will land short of the runways (from my experiences)

Wish I knew how to change the acceleration, I have yet to test:
brakeDistance=100;
Possible a plane with a large brakedistance has better performance,I have changed these values and noticed no difference.Possible its just related to how much landing area it needs

manuverability=10.0;
Dunno yet ? That could be a good one?

ejectSpeed[]={0,80,0};
Dunno either,i see alot set to 0's

I been working on engagement lately and Evis is correct about the cost.
The targets with higher cost will be attacked first and weapons with lower cost normally are used first (unless of course its attacking the high cost vehicle)
From what I gather,of course with little to no documentation available

Baphomet

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jun 2003, 08:48:32 »
Thanks for all the replies. Perhaps for increased acceleration I might just make an afterburner script or something.

I found out another interesting one used for munitions when traveling through the air

sideAirFriction=4.0;

This seems to affect how retarded the rate of descent is. I've noticed bombs that have a value of 0 just fall straight down where as with a higher value... they drift through the air a bit more.

Offline Trenchfeet

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
    • Trenchfeet OFP Addons
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2003, 09:21:37 »
ejectSpeed[]={0,80,0}; is how the pilot is ejected

ejectSpeed[]={0,0,0}; means he just falls out like a ww2 plane

ejectSpeed[]={0,8,0};xyz are the directions i may nmot be in that order
                         x,y ,z

changing the valus means you can have the pilot shot high in the air like an ejectionseat

don't forget that the geo lod and the land contact lod can have a lot to do with how the plane takes off and performs in the flight.

but not always the case you just have to stuff around with it till it works good

just like with the
flapsFrictionCoef = 0.8;

manuverability=10.0; tho is how tight the plane turns

my ju-52 has a set at 80 but a lower sensitivity mainyt so that when it turs it will turn on small maps but still apear as a slow turner

maxSpeed=400;
wheelSteeringSensitivity = 1.0; how tight the plane turns on the ground 1 is for max and 0.1 is for a slow turn but best to set it ot 1.0         
steerAheadSimul=1.0; ??
steerAheadPlan=2.0; ??
extCameraPosition[]={0,3,-35}; 3 is the height of looking at the plane -35 how far back
0 left or right just rerember the + or-   

just ask if you need any thing else