Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: WWIIEC's Generic Holland/Europe  (Read 4802 times)

Soldier8Boy

Re:WWIIEC's Generic Holland/Europe
« Reply #30 on: 11 Aug 2003, 00:56:54 »
The countryside.

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #31 on: 11 Aug 2003, 00:57:58 »
In the farmers field.

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #32 on: 11 Aug 2003, 01:00:23 »
Looking through the hole in the wall.

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #33 on: 11 Aug 2003, 02:17:09 »
Hmm the farmers field looks a bit empty.

Pan the camera left a little.....

a bit more...

There thats it

@Magnus... well I was sort of making them for Soldier8boy but I don't mind giving them out. Soldier8boy - would you be really pee'd off if I gave the models to Magnus?

I have made some loverly telegraph poles just like the ones in BoB. It was only when testing the things in game I noticed that Bis had already made some very similar ones.... DOH!

The walls (2 types so far) go a little strange when placed together. They get a shadow on them. I dont know why as yet but it makes them look really tiled.
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #34 on: 11 Aug 2003, 23:44:24 »
Not at all. No worries, Scouse.

Magnus

« Reply #35 on: 12 Aug 2003, 18:29:06 »
Well than I thank you, My email is 'gunnar_oldenhof88@hotmail.com'. If you have some done send them to me(also my msn). Thanks...

moba

« Reply #36 on: 12 Aug 2003, 20:10:08 »
Very nice, but I'd like some field in it.... like in Invasion 1944 holland map  ::)

Magnus

« Reply #37 on: 13 Aug 2003, 11:25:20 »
What do you mean by field? Some open fields? ???

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
  • WWIIEC - Gracefully retired boss
« Reply #38 on: 13 Aug 2003, 14:27:26 »
I think he means hedgerows, between the fields. In that case, worry not!

Magnus

« Reply #39 on: 13 Aug 2003, 17:19:57 »
Well I asked, because when he has an idea, I would like to put it in my map asswel. Because I will make it ass dutch as possible...

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #40 on: 13 Aug 2003, 18:47:53 »
Alright, I now need 2 beta-testers for the island.

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #41 on: 14 Aug 2003, 00:42:09 »
In the farmers field.

oh, yeah. This picture has "nederland" written all over it!! Looks extremely good.
On the island; Often farm-fields are separated by ditches and/or "houtwallen" (a line of trees with bushes between them). I'm not sure if a ditch will be posible (too much detail?) but it will make for nice cover when moving through the open terrain.
And please tell me you will have at least one big river crossing the map (and a bunch of smaller ones connected to it)

This map will be my favorite one, even if it's just because I'm from the netherlands  ;D

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #42 on: 14 Aug 2003, 00:47:06 »
The road through Holland.
This road would be perfect if it had ditches on both sides, for example. (for the picture check the post I'm referring to). Will you have farmhouses that you can enter? (please) Or will you try to make one or edit the one posted above?

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #43 on: 14 Aug 2003, 01:11:51 »
All the farmhouse's are enterable. Ditches are rather difficult, yes, but i have the tree and bush lines. There is a river with the Arnhem bridge over it, and i'll add some more little rivers for ya. See what i can do. Maybe a lake.

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #44 on: 14 Aug 2003, 12:18:44 »
Yes I already thought having ditches would be difficult, but remember that they don't need to be filled with water. I hope you can add some on the sides of these main (country) roads. The Netherlands are famous for their ditches ;D

Good to hear that the farmhouses can be entered. Also nice to hear there's a river (although I can't imagine how someone could do a holland map without a river  ;) )

I'm looking forward to this one.

Also on farms;
Most farms have a line of (high) trees around them (most of the times one line on either side of the farm terrain). This is because the farm's skeleton is made of the wood of those trees. The farmer plants these trees around his farm, so his son can use these trees to build his farm when he's old enough. (at least that's what they used to be for in the old days). Remember this when placing farms on your island. And place a lot of fences around the farmfields. Practicly avery field has a fence around it. (I'm not sure if you can use a fence that's in the game already, so you might want to consider making one yourself; just a few poles with two lines of barbwire. It would be great if you can crawl under the barb wire. Using the chickenwire fence that's in the game, you can't cross it as a soldier.)
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2003, 12:26:44 by Cpt. FrostBite »