Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Another custom addon thread  (Read 1097 times)

xero

Another custom addon thread
« on: 27 Apr 2003, 16:29:48 »
Hi,

I have another problem. A friend of mine made a new control tower object to go in my map, as well as several others... and now I have a problem adding it in.

I've looked in other similar threads and searched but there doesn't seem to be a clear explanation.

First of all I put the .pbo into my addons folder un-binarized and tried to add it in but I'd get an error message -- "tower.p3d not loaded Contiue?"
I tried binarizing it and putting it in the DTA folder and also tried 'adding' it in the pb manager, re-starting Wrpedit after each try but now it just won't show up (the folder shows but nothing inside the folder shows).

Maybe it's the config file? I've attatched a copy of it, but it works in the mission editor so I guess that's not the problem.

There's probably a simple solution I've missed but any help would be appriciated.

Xero.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Another custom addon thread
« Reply #1 on: 27 Apr 2003, 16:46:33 »
How did you add it in the Pb Manager in WrpEdit?

If we suppose your tower was called Tower.pbo and you found the entry  \Tower  in the Pb Manager and tried to use that to add the tower, it won't work.

You need to click the Add icon in the top left corner of the Pb Manager interface, navigate to where you have the Tower.pbo, i.e. Addons, and choose it from there, then the Tower will appear in the list in the Pb Manager nearer the bottom of the list and it will not have the '\' in front of its name.

Hope this helps.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

xero

« Reply #2 on: 27 Apr 2003, 17:14:48 »
yes that's how I added it int he pb manager and I ended up with a '/tower' entry and a 'tower' entry, neither or which had the .p3d file in. Maybe it's a problem with how I binarized it, but I don't see how as all seemed well.  ???

[edit]
I also put the .pbo in the DTA folder and it appeared lower down the list, then I added it, I'll try and remove it from the DTA  folder and add it from the pb manager only to see if that works.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2003, 17:16:48 by xero »

Leone

« Reply #3 on: 27 Apr 2003, 18:54:20 »
First of all I put the .pbo into my addons folder un-binarized and tried to add it in but I'd get an error message -- "tower.p3d not loaded Contiue?"
I tried binarizing it and putting it in the DTA folder and also tried 'adding' it in the pb manager, re-starting Wrpedit after each try but now it just won't show up (the folder shows but nothing inside the folder shows).

Try putting it in, ignore this message, and have a look in-game to see if it works  ;D I've had some objects generate this message, and in-game they work just fine. Go figure......

luke14

« Reply #4 on: 28 Apr 2003, 23:42:06 »
Whats a PB manager!

luke14

« Reply #5 on: 28 Apr 2003, 23:53:56 »
Also is there a download link to one i looked on the OF Forum,here and google but nothing!

luke14

« Reply #6 on: 29 Apr 2003, 00:06:14 »
Silly me i found it!

luke14

« Reply #7 on: 29 Apr 2003, 00:41:06 »
Were can i find a Step by Step tutorial for this cos is makeing me pull my hair out!

Thanks
Luke >:(