Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: TexView and O2 problems  (Read 1420 times)

Wires

TexView and O2 problems
« on: 26 Nov 2002, 11:45:05 »
I'm having some trouble getting a picture into O2 as a blueprint for a Browning Hi-Power pistol. I load up O2 and make a new p3d then switch to texture mode and load the paa, pac, gif (I've tried them all) and drag to place the texture in the front view but nothing happens. I know O2 is working fine and this should work as it does with the brsseb tutes but my pics just won't. Do the pictures have to be a cirtain type or with an alpha channel or something?

This could be entirely caused by TexView which will no longer open .pac files properly and will not save them as tga, has a fatal error. What could this be? I downloaded TexView again to no avail.

Wires

Wires

Re:TexView and O2 problems
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2002, 11:53:20 »
Ok I feel like a moron, it must have something to do with the way the tga is saved because I pasted over a tga I made from brsseb's blueprint.paa and it worked. I would really like to know what's going on with TexView though, is there a new type of pac like the pbo with Resistance?

Skaircro

« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2002, 15:40:32 »
it must have something to do with the way the tga is saved because I pasted over a tga I made from brsseb's blueprint.paa and it worked.

Make sure they are saved uncompressed.

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 01 Dec 2002, 13:48:12 »
I save my tga's as 32 bit with alpha channel. And make sure that the textures are the right dimensions (ie a factor of 2....128, 256, 512)

In Texview check that you're not saving as texturename.pac.paa, and associate the program with pac files.

SelectThis

Wires

« Reply #4 on: 01 Dec 2002, 14:14:24 »
Thanks guys everything's working smoothly now  ;)