Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Maya character animation kit  (Read 2574 times)

teaCup

Maya character animation kit
« on: 18 Nov 2002, 18:46:03 »
Hey.

Some of you may have noticed that the OFPInternals website
is down. It will probably stay like that for a while..  :'(
OFPInternals is taking a break.
I'm not.
So here's my improvised "tool" for making new .rtm animation with Maya:
http://www.spunge.org/~ntib/Maya2rtm.zip
And here's the sample some of you may have seen:
http://www.spunge.org/~ntib/CustomRTMs.zip
I'm really sorry about the quality of the thing, but hey, i'm just
an animator.. Hopefully i'll get to fix those bugs, and add some
new features.

Cheers

CrunchyFrog

Re:Maya character animation kit
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2002, 19:44:09 »

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2002, 04:02:49 »
Great work teacup!

We'll have to get this loaded into the tools section on this site!.. if only I knew where that was...

SelectThis

teaCup

« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2002, 14:38:56 »
Hey, thanks.

Chomps

« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov 2002, 05:37:10 »
Excellent!

Any plans on creating an animation addon pack, teaCup?

teaCup

« Reply #5 on: 26 Nov 2002, 19:22:50 »
I'm working on a rapeling addon, with realistic animation, and hopefully an animated rope. If everything works out, well have
good looking (but i'll let you be the judge of that..) helicopter
rapeling in OFP.
I'm also working on a swimming addon.
Both will require some scripting.

Cheers

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #6 on: 26 Nov 2002, 21:16:04 »
Hey TeaCup I heard you can add your script into the pbo addon to make it work

Chomps

« Reply #7 on: 28 Nov 2002, 19:41:10 »
I know you can have an addon vehicle with custom animations for the soldiers inside (which would be a great thing to have for the Littlebird pack -- I know that was mentioned a million times already.)

Would it be possible to have an addon soldier with his regular animations replaced?

For example...
Instead the animations when he is "safe" or "careless" and walks around with his rifle slung on his back, could it be scripted so that all of those animations are replaced with ones where he is carrying his weapon in his hands?  Same would go for the transitions to and careless-mode and the animations performed during careless mode, like saluting and boarding vehicles.  Would that be possible or are they hard coded?

Also, could the position and animations involving shoulder-launched weapons be changed?

Again, for example...
A custom soldier is made and given a LAW.  Could the custom soldier have something edited such that the launcher appears in a different position on his body (like with the new collapsable LAW in the 'Nam pack, it would fit nicely horizontally across the soldier's back)?  Would this require a rework of every single animation of that soldier?  Is the shoulder-fired weapon position not part of animations?

teaCup

« Reply #8 on: 28 Nov 2002, 23:09:36 »
Would it be possible to have an addon soldier with his regular animations replaced?

The good thing about custom animations for vehicle addons, is that you don't have to mess with your missions to use them. For anything else, you need to call your animations using a script.
I don't know if you can make a soldier with modified animation. Maybe. But yo'd probably have to write a huge config for that. Something like an alternative to the original one. The easiest thing is still to use your mission (action menu or something else), to make your animation available for the player.

Fireing an RPG standing up (or in any position), is definitely possible. And you can wear your weapons as earrings if you want (a LAW launcher in one ear and a M16 in the other). You can attach them to any part of yor body you want. Horizontal or vertical, doesn't matter..

SFG

« Reply #9 on: 01 Dec 2002, 01:44:44 »
Any news on OFP Internals?

teaCup

« Reply #10 on: 01 Dec 2002, 19:43:05 »
OFPInternals  is taking a break. Officially, it will last between 1 and 36 months.
If you can call this news..