Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: West Vs West  (Read 2407 times)

Hidden Death

West Vs West
« on: 25 Jan 2006, 05:03:16 »
Im making a training mission for my Unit and we us diffent addons for each unit (Squad1, Squad2) and both are based on the west side. Anyone know how i can make one side east and the keep the oother one west?

The addons in use are BAS_Delta/Rangers and UKF DPM Pack 1.1

pazuzu

Re:West Vs West
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2006, 06:22:01 »
If I understand you, I think you want to go into the sqm file & just change "side" for one group.

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 25 Jan 2006, 08:43:34 »
ir an easier way to do it would be to make a second group, and group them to a russian (make sure he is the leader) with 'Condition of presence' set to false.

Sounds fun. British kicking America's arse ;D

**EDIT** oh, it's a training mission  :'(
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2006, 08:44:37 by XCess »

Hidden Death

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jan 2006, 22:34:31 »
If I understand you, I think you want to go into the sqm file & just change "side" for one group.

To be hones i dont know how to do that. Is their any Guilds?

Sounds fun. British kicking America's arse ;D

First off Us Americans are very good at SPEC WARFARE and 2nd The Brits Couldnt Fight out of a paper bag without us. aKa (WW1, WW2,) Pluse we kicked your rears in The Revolutionary War and the War of 1812

**EDIT** oh, it's a training mission  :'(
Yes its ment to test our allies scearch and Patrol tactic and see if their effictive and to test us americans evading and stealth
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2006, 22:35:42 by Hidden Death »

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jan 2006, 22:43:53 »
.....SAS... best spec op in the world.... IRA for training... take Iraq's casualty numbers for example.. etc etc :P
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2006, 22:45:38 by XCess »

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #5 on: 25 Jan 2006, 22:47:27 »
Lets keep it friendly shall we HD.

Xcess wasn't being serious.....you can tell by the added -->  ;D

Same goes for Xcess.   ;)

Planck
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2006, 22:48:07 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #6 on: 26 Jan 2006, 00:05:51 »
Use the method posted by Xcess:  Put a Russian on the map and group the Brits (or Yanks if you prefer) to that Russian as  the group leader.  But, set his probabilitiy of presence to zero (the slider all the way to the left).  When the mission starts the Russian will not exist, but all the units grouped to him will be on east side (even though they are west units).

As for U.S. vs. UK in war......lets us first keep in mind that we have been very friendly to each other for about 190 years!!! ;D

If not for the help of France during the American Revolution, we would not have "kicked England's rears". As for the the war of 1812, most historians regard it as a stale mate.  We were victorious in that we maintianed our sovereignty, but England was victorious in that they defended their Canadian colonies (otherwise Canada might have become part of the U.S.!!).  The Treaty of Ghent was signed because both sides ultimately realized that the loss of life was not worth the potential territorial gains (as if loss of life is EVER worth territory!!!)

Here are a links to read more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolution
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2006, 23:36:51 by Raptorsaurus »

pazuzu

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jan 2006, 02:49:11 »
ir an easier way to do it would be to make a second group, and group them to a russian (make sure he is the leader) with 'Condition of presence' set to false.

Your right XCess, that is a much easier way to do it...