Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Modifying memory LOD for default tanks  (Read 1143 times)

Rocko Bonaparte

Modifying memory LOD for default tanks
« on: 25 Sep 2004, 04:09:45 »
I'm modifying the Abrams and the T80 to be controlled by a single person.  I have modified some things in config.cpp (cursors and such) so that it's done to my fancy.  However, I've found I have a viewpoint problem that needs to be fixed in Oxygen.

The single crew member is the driver, based on what I saw for the single-player tanks in the BIS headers.  This crew can drive and gun, but the optics don't work very well.  When viewing the optics (V-key on the keyboard), I get the driver view.  It will rotate left/right but won't rotate up and down.  

I've been told I need to adjust the driver view in Oxygen -- specifically I need to attach OtocHlaven to the driver viewpoint in memory LOD.  This should fix the view to my turret, and the view will move with the barrel -- as I want it to do.

Basically I want the driver's control on the keyboard with the gunner's view on the mouse.

First off, can I even extract the Abrams model?  I'm going around my OFP directories trying to find a pbo with the Abrams model; I've had no luck so far.  Assuming I find that, can I make this change without having the save a separate model?  I can see my model sizes bloating up, plus I question the legality of redistributing BIS' own model.  I got the impression the optics will go in its own file and I can move it to my addon.  That would be preferred.

Any advice in the matter will help a bunch.  I'd like to thank Gigan for providing the information I've received so far.

Offline oyman

• Members
  • king of pings
Re:Modifying memory LOD for default tanks
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2004, 04:33:37 »
i could do it for you ::).

but ya you would have to modify the main m1a1 model

Rocko Bonaparte

Re:Modifying memory LOD for default tanks
« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2004, 08:22:01 »
i could do it for you ::).

but ya you would have to modify the main m1a1 model
Heh it looks like this thread posted after all.  My browser crashed while the post was going through, and when I looked again, I didn't see it up (yet).  I've had a little bit of progress, but still plenty of problems.

The new thread is at:
http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=16;action=display;threadid=19786

I don't think I need somebody to do it for me, although I need some very specific help.