Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Low initspeed problem  (Read 1413 times)

Ares1978

Low initspeed problem
« on: 10 Feb 2004, 19:51:37 »
As most of you probably know, a low initspeed makes the bullet hit higher in the game. The rifle I'm working on right now should have a initspeed of about 430, which makes it shoot way over target. Aiming at the ass at 250 meters becomes a head shot. Is there any solution to this problem, that doesn't involve custom optics?

I will not change the initspeed.
« Last Edit: 10 Feb 2004, 19:52:12 by Ares1978 »

Petroizki

Re:Low initspeed problem
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2004, 18:24:02 »
Not quite sure about this one, but you might want to test smaller values on maxSpeed in the ammo (found from CfgAmmo) the weapon is using.

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2004, 08:54:01 »
Try adjusting the max/min zoom figures in the cpp for the optics. Search the forum I think I've posted about it before.

SelectThis

Ares1978

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2004, 00:14:13 »
maxSpeed seems to be 0 by default and the optics thing doesn't really help since it's supposed to be using only open sights with no zoom.

How the hell did they do it with the HK?

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2004, 03:35:22 »
As most of you probably know, a low initspeed makes the bullet hit higher in the game. The rifle I'm working on right now should have a initspeed of about 430, which makes it shoot way over target. Aiming at the ass at 250 meters becomes a head shot. Is there any solution to this problem, that doesn't involve custom optics?

I will not change the initspeed.

AFAIK, the initspeed corrosponds to the muzzle velocity of the round in meters per second. The optics are what you want to edit. Since you have an open sight, the zoom settings should both be the same - so if you set the min/max zoom to the same and the distanceZoomMin and distanceZoomMax to the same your sights should be set to that distance.

Here are the default settings for gun sights in OFP
Code: [Select]
     opticsZoomMin=0.35;
      opticsZoomMax=0.35;
      distanceZoomMin=400;
      distanceZoomMax=400;

Since you have open sights, I think you need to set the distanceZoomMin and distanceZoomMax (they should both be the same number) settings to whatever distance you want your sights to be calibrated to -so if you want your sights be be zero'd at 250 meters, set both of the distancezoom settings to 250. Right now it sounds like your gun is zero'd atr the default - 400meters, which explains why your getting headshots at 250 meters when aiming for the ass.
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2004, 03:36:08 by toadlife »
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Ares1978

« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2004, 14:59:22 »
Thanks!