Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Bibmi's Special Forces  (Read 7084 times)

PunkerSXDX

Bibmi's Special Forces
« on: 21 Aug 2002, 06:14:43 »
In the Earlyer Forum, Bibmi Was workin on some Really Bad Ass Operators, Rangers, and The Men Who Wear the Green Beret, I was Really Lookin Forward to This Especialy the
D-boys, I wanna Know How it's Commin along It was Lookin Really Good! So in other Words:
Alpha Black 1(PunkerSXDX): Bibmi Report Status
Okay Sorry that was Really Stupid.

mikeb

Re:Bibmi's Special Forces
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2002, 14:44:16 »
I'm also keen to see what happened to them.

More importantly I'd like to know if Bibmi is working on the Brit units too.  I've always been using the RM and paras and SAS previously but post-Res I've got that muzzle flash problem (and I don't like dePBOing - don't ask me why) and all the units have suddenly turned into medics.

I mentioned this, as did others, in the last forum but all that has been wiped.

Any plans to re-release these units! They're just too good to have to discard!

Offline vade_101

• Members
  • oh hell......
« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2002, 19:25:43 »
Changing the paras etc. for resistance isn't that hard a job, and its well worth the effort

http://www.aboutblankrecords.com/para_coll.jpg

they do look pretty good with new sa80, gpmg etc. that are out there (that russian at-7 even makes for an OK MILAN launcher)

Dave

mikeb

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2002, 19:43:41 »
How do you change the medic problem?  the muzzleflash one I've already come across?

While I'm on the subject, is there any way to change the fact that ALL the paras (and the RMs) have the same faces which you can't seem to change?

Cheers for any guidance on this matter.  I've managed to learn to script but this stuff is just beyond me!

Offline vade_101

• Members
  • oh hell......
« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2002, 19:51:54 »
1)firstly you need to change the name of one of the .p3d files (i'm not 100% sure what it used to be called, its the one the isn't bib_ukpr.p3d or  bib_ukprrad.p3d) to bib_ukpr_hem.p3d

2) and then you need to add:

//CfgModels definitions
class CfgModels
{
   class Default{};
   class man: Default{};
   class bib_ukpr: man{};
   class bib_ukpr_hem: man{};
   class bib_ukprrad: man{};
};

into the config.cpp,

3) you need to change all the references to the old model to the new model names (i.e the model="\bib_ukpj\bib_ukpr_hem"; for each of the "helmet" paras) a find and replace should do this ok.

and that should fix that problem, if i remember right.

:)
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2002, 19:54:50 by vade_101 »

mikeb

« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2002, 20:03:55 »
 ??? :-\

I'll give it a go.  Knowing me my computer will explode or leave me or something...

Cheers for the help!

Offline vade_101

• Members
  • oh hell......
« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2002, 20:10:43 »
good luck ;), i'd send you my copy, but its got all sorts of modifications now :), new SA80, a "simulated" LSW, GPMG, MILAN, Mortars, L96a Sniper rifles, pretty much got all of 1 PARA's equipment on there now, all i really need is a C130 and a landrover and i'll be there i think.  8)

Dave

mikeb

« Reply #7 on: 21 Aug 2002, 20:17:25 »
Sounds great.

Perhaps, to help computer cripples like me you could submit it when the site's back? - actually that may break a few rules....  I seem to be in a legal frame of mind at the moment. weird.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #8 on: 22 Aug 2002, 00:16:29 »
I'm also keen to see what happened to them.

More importantly I'd like to know if Bibmi is working on the Brit units too.  

He said He was in the Last Forum, so I Assume it's just a matter of time.

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #9 on: 22 Aug 2002, 03:56:38 »
How many units is Bibmi actually working on? In the old forum there was tons of threads with his work on them..  WWII, Brits, Rangers blah blah

PunkerSXDX, judging from your name, youve got good taste in music ;D

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #10 on: 23 Aug 2002, 03:27:57 »
Punk Rawk?!
Bibmi Where are you? your Loyal fans are Dying here :help:

Bibmi

« Reply #11 on: 24 Aug 2002, 14:44:55 »
Sorry about the delay in replying...still no resistance joy...so the first version will be 1.46 compliant only (vade_101 check your PMs  ;) )

The good news is the units are almost ready...just finishing the coding for the blood textures and working on some M4s (got one with the ACOG sight and forward hangrip - should I remove the ironsights? and one with a reflex sight...just need to work out the cpp's...weapon configs are not my thing...anyone willing to help drop me a PM)

As for the units I'm working on this is the plan...

First priority the Nam Pack
the Rangers, Green Berets and Delta
update of the Paras and RMs as well as the release of the SAS units and SBS units

Except for the SEB nam pack this is all solo work so it tends to take time...thanks again for being patient...a couple more weeks of hell at work and then I'll be back to full steam...

Marsuitor

« Reply #12 on: 25 Aug 2002, 07:03:07 »
I take it you're releaseing the SAS with Diemaco C8 and Minimi, and the paras with M16A2's. :)
The Paras are getting rid of the SA80, and they should be receiving M16A2 from the UKSF/Colt in the near future.
Also the RM has gotten hold of some Minimis to replace LSW.
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2002, 07:03:28 by Marsuitor »

Eviscerator

« Reply #13 on: 25 Aug 2002, 09:13:15 »
er i think the ministry of defence decides what guns the british army use, and at the minute its still the SA-80/LSW/L7A1 probably going to be replaced by the G-36 for the main rifle, i doubt they would use M16A2's as its a leap back in accuracy from the SA-80, and the sas with C8's? why?!? from most of the things ive read and seen they use pretty much what any other spec ops force use, they choose depending on the mission, they would probably be using weapons modelled in flipers M4 pack over the C8, but using a lesser available weapon doesnt make sense...they should probably have L96 for sniper roles as its the british sniper gun and probably more readily available to them than other weapons, and the mp5 for any close combat work...and for pistols probably the browning high power is a safe bet, its mentioned a lot of times in books by sas soldiers

L96:

Browning HP:
« Last Edit: 25 Aug 2002, 09:14:30 by Eviscerator »

Bibmi

« Reply #14 on: 25 Aug 2002, 10:21:27 »
The Paras and RMs will have the SA-80, LSW and Minimi....
The SAS will have the M16 (with M203), minimi and M4's. Regarding the pistol, the browning has been the SAS' weapon of choice, but they have more recently adopted the Sig-Sauer.