Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Export from Visitor  (Read 1517 times)

Jones-21VB

Export from Visitor
« on: 19 Jun 2003, 17:01:11 »
Hi all!

Ive been working for some hours with Visitor know, and its a great tool! But, when I want to export my island to wrp file format wich goes just fine, the file size is allways 21kb, nomatter how large my island is, further more it creates a .hdd file with no content? But thats not the real problem. I make my .cpp file as I have done for decades  ;D then start up OFP-R game. I can see the island in the list and i can load it into the mission editor, but once in the editor, the island is no larger than 1x1 (A-O-A-0) And theres is nothing there at all, exept low water all over? Can anyone help me out here?

Ohhh yeah, and a tip to others. To be able to export you need to have buldozer running.

Jones Out!

Jones-21VB

Re:Export from Visitor
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2003, 10:47:00 »
Ok. I found out my self. It seems that you need to load the island, then load buldozer, after this you shouldt reload (ctrl-f8) then point it to some place on the island with land so that the picture shows land. Then close the buldozer, open it again, make the picture show land again and refresh the camera. Then export and every thing is ok. Why this is so I dont know? If its only my computer that does this? I dont know. But now if you have the problem, here is how to solve it :)

Jones Out!

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
  • Independent Addon Creator
    • DC3D Game Modelling Zone
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2003, 11:28:15 »
You have just discovered the 1st wonder of the Visitor worlds :)
Had m flummoxed too. But after a reload and a resave all was well.
Rebel without a pause...D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jun 2003, 02:46:57 »
rofll!! I open the visitors, then I connect to Buldozer... then I only see a sea, so I reload buldozer.... then for some reason... the buldozer just closes down  :'( I try to re connect to the buldozer by clicking on the "connect to buldozer" and click on it again... but nothing happens.  :-O I needa help :)  Maybe somethin wrong with the system preferences? I followed everything in the tute except that I changed some file directory path since I didn't put the o2_viewer in the buldozer folder but directly in the C:\ drive.

Thanks as usual ;D

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jun 2003, 07:36:35 »
Hi Cat.
Try this if Visitor won't reload Buldozer

2nd Wonder of the Visitor Worlds :)
Click on Start (windows) then Run and place the following in the box (substitute your drive for D:\buldozer.exe for  what ever drive and path buldozer.exe is.
d:\buldozer.exe -window -dx
When Buldozer crashes I just go here and voila! Buldozer is up and running again.
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2003, 07:37:38 by Colonel_Klink »

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jun 2003, 08:23:57 »
3rd Wonder of the Visitor World

Using Multiple PBOs such as O.pbo, data3d.pbo, and custom PBOs.
1.After unpacking the PBOs with UnPBO.exe and placing the new folders on the root drive (in my case D).
2. Open Visitor and  set the  System Preferences similar to the pic below

3. Click OK and restart Visitor
4. When Visitor has loaded  either start a new island or load an existing one.
5. Click Tools then choose from either of the Textures, Nature Objects, Artificial Objects etc. options
6. Click Add on the dialog that appears. (you may have to wait as Visitor searches your  drive for folders with p3d objects
7. Find the objects you want and Click OK
NOTE: You can multi select objects from the list.

Result in Buldozer using trees from O.Pbo and the radar from one of my addons.

And in game
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2003, 08:43:27 by Colonel_Klink »

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 22 Jun 2003, 09:47:05 »
When you do that, do you have to replace all the earlier placed objects??, because now there is a map in front of the name!

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 22 Jun 2003, 10:38:38 »
If you have already added objects as far as I know all instances and references to those objects will need to be removed. I had to when I changed the settings to the above.

incidently the island above was created from an ase file converted from a 32bit pic.

Since this was done I have managed to import the original wrp island I made in wrpedit.. It imported minus textures and objects.. But at least it is a start.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #8 on: 22 Jun 2003, 14:35:31 »
wheeee!! Thanks Sir Colonel!! Now I don't have my buldozer crashing and I could export my island to the .wrp format without error!!!!!!!! "BUT" only "ONE" single thing :)....... how do I change the texture file path to my island?? Currently, for some reason, all the texture path for the ground texture and object is under landtext\ and data3D\ arrgg!!!  :-X You help me on this :D then you'll be the 17th most important person in my life ;) that's still a really high place to be.  Thanks man I really appreciate it ;D

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
« Reply #9 on: 22 Jun 2003, 14:48:12 »
When i just call the map D:\ it opens all the .p3d files, but when i add them to the map, i'll get an error. D:\buldozer\o\hous\domek01.p3d not found or something or D:\buldozer\data3d\str jedle.p3d not found.

Also when i try to find textures, it only sees the .pac textures, not the .paa textures (which i need), what to do?

Offline BiGGiBs

• Members
  • Workin hard,on Coffee 'n' Bensons.
« Reply #10 on: 22 Jun 2003, 18:49:13 »
how do I change the texture file path to my island?? Currently, for some reason, all the texture path for the ground texture and object is under landtext\ and data3D\ arrgg!!!

1)
just unpbo your island & then copy unpbo'd dir to root of dozer then point Visitors
tex dir to your new island dir!
i.e....x:\buldozer\YOURISLAND
Worked fine for me...i put all custom textures i want to use into  my unpbo'd island dir
all my custom texures are working once exported to wrp..in opflasf editor! ;D

2)..not tried this one but it should work!
Create a new dir in the root of buldozer called for example YOURTEXTURES
then point visitor texture dir to YOURTEXTURES...i.e. X:\buldozer\yourtextures.
When you want to test in opflash make sure you pbo YOURISLAND & YOURTEXTURES & then put both in your opflash addons dir!

Hope that helps m8!

Update ....just tried #2 & that works too!...although i didn't place objects just custom texture,seems to be fine.  :)
« Last Edit: 22 Jun 2003, 19:08:50 by BiGGiBs »

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #11 on: 23 Jun 2003, 09:29:17 »
heeey Biggibs I have the same problem to... and now my map and buldozer is crashing... arrgg BIS tools are a little hard to handle in the beginning... urrrrgg >:( >:( I'm mad I'm mad yes I'm mad... somebody help me... I open the buldozer manually after it crashes by going to start--> run then I see the error message saying that o2_viewer\objectname.p3d not found.... guaaaaarrr so I reload it then it crashes again.. damn it! Please help.  I need help... :(

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
« Reply #12 on: 23 Jun 2003, 10:58:32 »
So far I have only used the textures from Kegety's tutorial which i place in the texture folder, which incidently is where I save the pew and wrp files. I create the config.cpp in there too.

I have my doubts over the use of textures directly from any of the BIS island folders as Visitor creates transitory textures between sets of base textures (for example between grass and sand textures) and saves them into the texture folder.

From my study of the islands created by BIS each one has its own textures within their pbo.
If you unpbo eden, cain or noe you will see what I mean.

I think the only way to effectively use the textures from these islands would be to copy the base textures to your island texture folder. You may experience problems with importing them into Visitor though.

What I did was convert a texture from eden into a tga, resized it to 512x512, added an alpha channel and saved it again (I use Paint Shop Pro hence adding the alpha channel so the file was 32 bit).

Once loaded into Visitor and applied to the island Visitor created a number of transitory texture files that showed the trasistion between the texture that Kegety's provided and the one I converted.
I hope this is been of some help.

Offline Burn

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 24 Jun 2003, 14:42:44 »
Hi... First off, thank u Col. Klink for u'r excellent tut :thumbsup:. But I'm having a little trouble with it :-[... All works fine up to the point where I'm suppose to view the different objects that I've placed, in buldozer. Then they just don't show up, u simply can't see them >:(... What the hell is wrong here, I did everything u said. :-\ :'(

It would be most appreciated if u could help me with this, very annoying problem :beat:... thanks. :help: :cheers:

[edit]
BTW when I first open up buldozer after placing the trees or houses I get an erreor:
       [size=4.5]cannot open object data3d\str borovice.p3d[/size]
                            [size=10]WHY?[/size] ???
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2003, 17:55:42 by Bizon »