Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: change CONFIG.BIN  (Read 4297 times)

Offline andersson

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re:change CONFIG.BIN
« Reply #15 on: 25 Nov 2002, 23:16:32 »
I tested the downloaded config-file and it didnt work for me.. Fresh from the zip file and cpp2bin. Error message "value not an array".
Single missions didnt work and Ive got strange results in the mission editor (sitting in the backseat of the jeep while driving it...).

Baphomet

« Reply #16 on: 29 Nov 2002, 09:29:54 »
I agree. I modify a lot of addons to personal taste. If I can't modify it and something bothers me, it just grates my soul especially when I see an addon I'd like to play and it has something wretchedly wrong with it and it can't be changed.

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
« Reply #17 on: 25 May 2003, 11:37:14 »
I tested the downloaded config-file and it didnt work for me.. Fresh from the zip file and cpp2bin. Error message "value not an array".
Single missions didnt work and Ive got strange results in the mission editor (sitting in the backseat of the jeep while driving it...).

Hi anderson I did exactly the same as you, I got the 1.90 config.cpp from the holeinthesky website (see back up for URL posted by deadmeat) and made no changes at all to it. I simply converted it to a config.bin using amalfis cpp2bin and I got exactly the same error message and exactly same game results.

???

What am I missing here?--BTW this is prvt use for me only.  I simply would like to learn more about this and what is causing the issue. Been scripting here at ofpec for ages now but never worked with configs b4--seems there is no trusted way to convert back and fourth without any code getting messed up.   :-\

The compression goes ahead fine--I get no errors, only when I start the game.

Can anyone help with this?
« Last Edit: 25 May 2003, 11:39:32 by Zayfod »
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Offline andersson

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: 25 May 2003, 23:52:26 »
The file is missing #defines in the beginning. That is not the only problem with it so dont put to much work into it. I have...

But you can get a commented config at BIS official homepage.
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/breathe/
 Just go to download section and take it. With that you can create your own config.cpp. I have it but I havnt had time to make a .cpp of it yet.

You can also look at this
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=5fc5160e923265580d07a1e936d925c0;act=ST;f=54;t=30398

This is also interesting
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=5fc5160e923265580d07a1e936d925c0;act=ST;f=54;t=30458

Hope it helps :)

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
« Reply #19 on: 26 May 2003, 03:24:19 »
Thanks for your reply mate.

All sorted now ;)

cheers  :cheers:

Zay out
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"