Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Wilbur  (Read 1617 times)

Zahael

Wilbur
« on: 15 Oct 2002, 13:32:02 »

Ok, I am using the Wilbur program and I;ve got a bit of an issue.

With the tutorial, the opening steps specify that I should use the thickest paint brush to paint he screen green.  Unfortunately, I have no green.  Instead, when I paint the screen area, it becomes grey. and seems to be raised.

Has anyone else had this problem? IS this normal? WHen I continue with the rest of the steps of the tutorial and important it to WrpEdit, no map comes up.  Instead it is just an organge screen.

Thanks for any help

Zahael

Kaliyuga

Re:Wilbur
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2002, 20:11:26 »
  Yeah this is normal... it will show as grey or white depending on the height you've selected ;)

Go to the top of yer screen and pull down the surface menu, click on paint... in the window that comes up, there will be some fields for x-value, y-value, and value.  

changing the value field will set the height at which you are painting .... 1 = 1 meter

Then if you follow the tute you should be all right ;D

Zahael

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2002, 08:16:40 »
So9 if I make it 1 meter, the land should be green?

Zahael

Zahael

« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2002, 04:41:59 »
The problem I am having trouble getting around is that the surface is not green.  Its grey.  Is that ok?  The tutorial says that as the height changes, so does the  color.  It doesn't seem like the tutorial at all in that respects.

AM I on the right track?

Thanks

Zahael

Fighting_Sioux

« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2002, 19:51:58 »
I'm having exact same problem.  When I pull up the paint menu, the values are x=51  y=51  value=1

Even with this, it still paints max height (white/grey).

Fighting_Sioux

I've got it now.
« Reply #5 on: 25 Oct 2002, 21:33:57 »
In the value field, it should be .1  not 1

pertti49

« Reply #6 on: 25 Oct 2002, 23:32:42 »
Why do extra work using wilbur when u can make map without it? i am making my Normandy ;)
greetings:pertti49

Schoeler

« Reply #7 on: 26 Oct 2002, 00:24:04 »
I had the same problem, and I can't remember how I fixed it.  I'll check and see what I did tonight and post it here tomorrow.  It had something to do with changing the default settings of the program.  This problem doesn't occur if you import maps made in terragen to wilbur.  Also, you get finer, more realistic terrain detail if you start the map in terragen first.  Importing the map is simple.  Start it in terragen, modify it for fine tuning in wilbur and save it as a terragen file.  Then open wilbur and open the map from the folder you saved it in.  At the bottom will be a drop down menu of available map formats to import and all you need to do is select the .ter file extension.  Then you can fine tune the map in wilbur and import it to wrp editor.