Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Setup??  (Read 1839 times)

JerryK_387

Setup??
« on: 04 Mar 2003, 23:23:36 »
Ok, I have O2 and Buldozer downloaded to my computer, but when I read the tutorial it tells me to unzip buldozer to a drive that's not on my computer. Do you have to have 2 computers to use the program?Like they said not to use my C drive, but that and my A, and my 2 cdrom drives... are the only ones that I have. Where should I load Buldozer? that doesn't make sense, but that's what the tutorial is making me believe. O2 runs for me, but buldozer doesn't work, none of the textures will load, and I can't even really make a cube. I hate this. I really want to be able to make weapons and stuff, but I can't get the freakin programs to load... any suggestions?

SFG

Re:Setup??
« Reply #1 on: 04 Mar 2003, 23:32:02 »
I have my oxy in a folder called Oxygen on my desktop.. within that folder is one called "buldozer" . once you got that setup open o2 and go to file> options and find your buldozer .exe. and watch this if you need anymore help http://66.162.74.12/~fivetwo/Buldozer.rar
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2003, 23:32:24 by SFG »

JerryK_387

« Reply #2 on: 05 Mar 2003, 04:30:37 »
Ok, so now I have the buldozer up and running, and I no longer get the error message "Unable to start external viewer". So you know, I get excited about it and I go and download "how to make a m16" and it tells me to import a background to O2.... but everytime I do what the tutorial says, I get an error message that says it can't convert the file... what's up with this!? Any ideas?

SFG

« Reply #3 on: 05 Mar 2003, 04:42:26 »
Hmm... try getting texview from www.flashpoint1985.com -- /editing section

I dont think you would need it however for that tutorial.

JerryK_387

« Reply #4 on: 05 Mar 2003, 05:04:10 »
Alright, now I've got texview, I tried converting the gif file to paa file, and it wouldn't load into O2! bah... It didn't give me any error message, there just wasn't anything shown in the background. Also, the how to create cube tutorial shows "Externals" whereas mine doesn't, all I see is the 4 vertices, even though I've faced them.... so i'm getting really frustrated over here! >:( I need help!

Offline Jonno

• Former Staff
  • (retired)
« Reply #5 on: 05 Mar 2003, 11:38:41 »
hmmmm Iv had odd results with texture not loading in O2 although they were TGA and to the right dimensions, to the power of two, 32, 64, 128, 512 etc. So then I just copied the image and pasted it to new, with a canvas the required size and saved as TGA again and it was fine then.

As for the Externals (view normals) you goto File>options>then tick the "View Normals" box
7 P's, Proper Planning And Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

JerryK_387

« Reply #6 on: 05 Mar 2003, 16:59:00 »
Alright, now I have "Normals".... but in the cube tutorial it says to use the "Extrude" window, and I can't find it anywhere. How do I get to that? And I still can't get the textures. How are you pasting them in? When I copy it, the edit menu won't let me past it in!? I don't think I can do much without textures...

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 05 Mar 2003, 17:16:39 »
There is a problem with the M16 tutorial. Its for an old version of O2 that was never released to the community.

There is no Extrude function.

Your best bet as a newbie is to work through Brsseb's tutorials. There are absolutly superb.

You might not have been able to load the gif because of FILE OPTIONS, you need to set a path to the dll's and tick the covert images box.

It is recommended that the files are placed in the root directory (c:\ or d:\ etc) because Oxygen has a maximum size for textures files.

If you have a texture called 123.gif you might think its ok but of the path is

c:\games\operation flashpoint\oxygen\123.jpg

it might be too long.

I have placed everything in my root folder on my C: drive. I then place my work in a folder c:\panther         It makes things untidy but it works for me.

Brsseb's setup tutorial walks you slowly and carefully through the steps needed to set up a z:\ drive. You basically tell your PC that c:\games\operation flashopint\yadda yadda is in fact just z:\    - many people work that way.

There is a link to Brsseb's tutorials in the stickies above this post.

Good luck.
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

JerryK_387

« Reply #8 on: 05 Mar 2003, 18:40:13 »
thanks but i don't see your sticky

Eagles Talon

« Reply #9 on: 05 Mar 2003, 19:34:13 »
my bulldozer dosn't ask 4 the cd, or need to be in a odd folder, (it's in c:\ofpedit) this occoured when i was trying to get into o2 when i had setups that wouldn't let me into the program (in this post: http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=47;action=display;threadid=5053 ) but the first thing i did b4 i was successful in getting into the setups was type in buldozer.exe and Objektiv2Light.exe in the search function of my windows regedit, and i deleted every entry with those names in it, until i reached my settings folder, and after i did that, *bam* it didn't act funny, it loaded perfectly, and it even didn't need the cd "which is good seeing as how my ofp cd takes about 2 min to spin up *old scratched disk*), just thought i'd mention this.
l8r

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 06 Mar 2003, 01:36:53 »
Well, there are a grand total of 5 stickies in this section of the forum.

If I was looking for Brsseb's tutorial I would be tempted to go for the thread with the title

'New Tutorial Here - Making your first addon!' by Brsseb

Here is a link to make it even easier, what the hell I'll link you direct to Brsseb's site

:)

http://ofp.info/brsseb/
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore