Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: QUESTION FOR BAS TEAM  (Read 1264 times)

sgtGunneryHighway

QUESTION FOR BAS TEAM
« on: 14 Feb 2003, 18:45:01 »

Chomps

Re:QUESTION FOR BAS TEAM
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2003, 15:21:28 »
I assume you mean have the people on the seating planks shoot with their weapons from the chopper.  I am not on the BAS team, but I am 95% certain the answer unfortunately is no.  Although having cargo positions in vehicles that can be fired from would be insanely cool, it is simply not supported by the game's engine, unless BIS finds the time to code it in for a patch, which is doubtful.

Some editor may yet come up with some clever solution to allowing multiple gunner positions on vehicles, or allowing soldiers in cargo to use their personal weapons, but I would not count on it.

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2003, 15:42:01 »
Indeed, Chomps has hit the nail on the head...

We "discussed" this on the Dev-Chan for over 3 hours last night, and all of the solutions we came up with would either require too much processor power, or be unfeasable to implement...

so until BIS does anything about it, i'm afraid the answer is no  :(

Chomps

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2003, 16:07:48 »
It is a shame that the engine does not support firing from cargo positions, it has so many uses in addition to the littlebird, like having sharpshooters on other choppers, trucks full of guerillas firing automatic rifles, and cars capable of pulling drive-by's.

sgtGunneryHighway

« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2003, 03:45:44 »
bah whatever
great works anyway