Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: JUNLE OPS -- New Addons for Jungle islands  (Read 1329 times)

jprtech

JUNLE OPS -- New Addons for Jungle islands
« on: 03 Jan 2003, 01:56:33 »
I have created new addons for the jungle islands.  I am in the process of learning how to get them into Wrpedit.  I think i can do this with BinarizeIT.  Will have to try later today.  

Check them out and let me know what you think.

http://www.paulrothberg.com/jungleops/

Rothy
paul_rothberg@hotmail.com

seafire6

Re:JUNLE OPS -- New Addons for Jungle islands
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jan 2003, 02:56:42 »
Looks great ! Will we be able to enter the coconut grove?

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jan 2003, 12:56:38 »
My god... Those looks great! :o I hope STT sees this thread an adds those trees to Ia Trang! It would be freakin' awesome! :D Excelent work there mate! ;D

Hawk

Gunny Hartman

« Reply #3 on: 05 Jan 2003, 11:58:53 »
It looks great. When do you want to release it???
really good work! ;D

Raiden

« Reply #4 on: 06 Jan 2003, 02:41:13 »
one word,WOW!!!!! :o

GOTTA LOVE THE AVATAR!!!!!
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2003, 02:41:53 by Raiden »

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #5 on: 07 Jan 2003, 03:13:12 »
Nice work. I see you also have the same problem with the see through textures. I would have released quite a few trees/bushes/etc if I knew how to fix it.

in your testing, how are the firefights working out within the jungle? I made a new island based on Ilo Ilo island in the South China Sea, and it has quite a bit of dense underbrush. Looks really nice, but is rough on lesser sytems. How are your lods working? Are you running a fast machine? The palms don't seem to have any lods is why I'm asking. Trust me, people will scream to high heaven if your map lags on a p3 800... then if you fix it, the people with fast machines will cry about now high res textures :) lol.

Good luck to ya. I know what your going through making those treelines.... check the SEBNam thread, old and new, and you'll see a ton of variations and early attempts. I just ended up saying the heck with it and making a whole brand new island with textures from Deadly Dozen2. Looks fantastic... if somewhat illegal to distribute.

Again, good luck.

Ebud
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey