Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: SR-47 (M4 chambered for 7.62x39mm)  (Read 6099 times)

earl_laamanen

Re:SR-47 (M4 chambered for 7.62x39mm)
« Reply #30 on: 05 Dec 2002, 07:20:58 »
Thanks guys!!!   ;D ;D ;D I'm coming from Ghost Recon modding, it seems to be a much smaller community.  The number of modders for OFP and the talent here is really extraordinary.

I don't know if you are following my mod website, but here are some in-game pics of the SR-47 "prototype".  

I'm currently reworking the entire texture mapping because, though it looks great in the renders, it's not good enough for a 1st person view.  I'm happy enough that I was able to make it work in OFP - thanks to VIT for general addon info, NoRSu for the config.cpp, and brsseb's weapon tutorial.

I've made a few geometry changes too, the cylinder going through the receiver has been reduced in size, which looks more accurate, and the buttstock has been completely replaced with the newer style, as the few photos of the SR-47 shows, thanks to Edgie for that crit.

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #31 on: 05 Dec 2002, 08:20:59 »
Looks amazing! Excellent work earl.

I'm probably taking your talent for granted, but it's a bit smallish...?

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #32 on: 05 Dec 2002, 08:22:30 »
wow totally amasing to bad the hands stick through but its not ur fault its those guys yea they kno who they are

earl_laamanen

« Reply #33 on: 05 Dec 2002, 08:40:38 »
Ferret Fangs - yes, it's a bit small, but it was only the 3rd try of a trail-and-error resize (1st: big-as-a-house, 2nd: big-as-an-M82) so the 3rd was getting closer, but not quite there.

I'm not going to spend time perfecting that model, just wanted to gain some confidence with OFP modding and show that these lovely 3D Studio renders will soon be game models.

I'm almost done re-mapping the basic SR-47.  All that's left after that is the ACOG and Aimpoint, then the lower detail LODs.

STGN

« Reply #34 on: 05 Dec 2002, 12:04:14 »
can it shot yet  :)
thats is a beuteful gun I must say try to take a OFP M16 and set size and position after.

earl_laamanen

« Reply #35 on: 12 Dec 2002, 11:05:36 »
Yeah, it shoots.  It uses AK47 mags, so all the ballistics data is already done for me.

I just found the greatest hi-res shots of the SR-47 that have never been on the net until very recently.  A Ghost Recon modder asked KAC if they had any hires pics of the SR47 ---they sure did!!

There's links to the images on my website, and new renders of the very-nearly complete basic SR47.  I haven't had much time to work on it lately.

http://www.baconbomb.com/modworks

I've used the new SR47 images for the receiver texture instead of that half-ass M4 cut n' paste job I had before.  The ACOG and Aimpoint shouldn't be far behind...
« Last Edit: 12 Dec 2002, 11:09:27 by earl. »

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #36 on: 12 Dec 2002, 11:26:28 »
wow that looks much better then pevious photos of it good on him for asking for those pics

and i cant wait for u to realease this weapon

Skaven

« Reply #37 on: 12 Dec 2002, 11:27:04 »
This weapon is really looking amazing earl, the attention to detail, the quality of the model and the textures is absolutely incredable  :thumbsup:

earl_laamanen

« Reply #38 on: 18 Dec 2002, 12:14:02 »
Thanks very much Skaven.

Here's the latest - the final version of the ACOG:

http://www.baconbomb.com/modworks

It may be a while between beta release of the SR-47 w/ ACOG and the full release of all 8 weapons (SR47/SR74, ACOG/Aimpoint, Suppressed/Not).

If someone decides to write a mission with the beta SR-47, and I leave my weapon strings identical to the final version - will the missions still work?

For example,

C8XSR47b.PBO contains "C8Xsr47acog" which may be used in a mission.

Then I release C8XSR47.PBO which contains the final version of 'C8Xsr47acog'.

Is that a good idea?
« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2002, 12:21:19 by earl. »

Skaven

« Reply #39 on: 18 Dec 2002, 12:51:57 »
The name of the .pbo file really isn't important (but if I where you I would use the same name for beta and not beta, (To be sure people do overight the old file with the new one).
The names you use to define the class of the weapon will have to be the same in both versions, or the mission makers will have to replace the name of the addons being used.
In the place where you define the weapon class:
ex: class earlSR47
this part should be the same always, because it's exactely the name the mission will look for.
Also there is something you should think now, will you use one .pbo file for all weapons?
ex: earlSR47PACK ? Or one .pbo file for each?
I'll explain you why you have to think about this now when you tell me how it will be.  ;)
As you know you can update the .pbo file with new weapons everytime you want to, this won't interfeer with the missions.

If need my help making the cpp file email me and I'll help you  ;)
filpedro@hotmail.com

earl_laamanen

« Reply #40 on: 18 Dec 2002, 18:19:53 »
I was planning to include them all in a single PBO file, with a new ammocrate for them so people can try them out without scripting anything.  I might also add one Blackops (Day) unit with the SR-47/ACOG, since that is the main model.

NoRSu from the official forums has already provided me with a config file for all the suppressed versions, and units for them.  From that, I think i can create the other 4 rifles and remove the extra units.

I may need some help making the ammocrate.

Someone had a good suggestion too - I could make a new magazine for the suppressed models, which would be subsonic loads (these do exist for 7.62 and 5.45x39mm).  That way the gunshots would be truly silenced.  With regular ammo, there must always be the supersonic crack as the bullet leaves the barrel faster than the speed of sound.

I think I will just make it an option in the config file, available to mission scripters, but the ammo crates and units will only have regular ammo.

I might need some help figuring out how to add two ammo types to the weapon, so when I am ready for that, I'll be e-mailing you.  Thanks for the offer to help.

Earl.