Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Vertex Properties > Lighting  (Read 926 times)

ArchAngel

Vertex Properties > Lighting
« on: 06 Dec 2002, 00:59:33 »
Ok, after reading through Colonel Klink's Jet stream tutorial, i came across the part where he said you can make an object visible by setting the lighting property to shinning under the vertex properties of the object, after trying this my self on a basic object, iv had the problem, that after setting it to shinning, the object is no longer visible in ofp. Now im just wondering, is there anything else u have to do to the object for this to work, does there have to be anything defined in the memory lod especially for this? is there anything you have to set in the config etc? or should all u have to do to make it visible at night time is set the lighting property to shinning?

To be mroe specific the object im trying to make visible at night time is a rocket/missile
it has a 0.00 resolution lod and a geometry lod
the geometry lod hsa components etc.
if got the shinning property to work on things such as a vehicle or aircraft, and iv even gotten the object to be visible if i just put it somewhere with the aircraft, not attached or anything, just any where withing the res and geo lods, and its visible etc, however still.
However the missiles that get fire (hellfire/unguided rockets) are not visible in day or night time, but when i change the lighting property to anything else they are perfectly visible etc, not at night time obviously, which is what im trying to achieve)

Thnks for your time,
hope someone can help.