Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: error loading new map  (Read 1324 times)

Sparky

error loading new map
« on: 23 Nov 2002, 20:16:10 »
Hi, just entering the world (npi) of wrpedit and my first attempt at a new map was an edit of everon. i needed to replace the runway area with grass texture, which i did no probs, also got rid of the fence around it. i created a config.cpp file for it using a template from snYper and put the .Wrp and config.cpp file into a folder and used PBOtool to compress them into a PBO. this i c&p'd into my addons folder. when i start up ofp and try to open the map editor with the new island, ofp crashes and the error message:
"No entry 'config.bin/cfgworlds/abelnorunway.Names'"
comes up("abelnorunway" is the name of the map btw). i've tried checking the config.cpp file, everything seems to be ok and matches other working maps files.
Any help will be greatly appreciated, i plan to go on to bigger and better things, and this is really p***ing me off. ta very much.

pertti49

Re:error loading new map
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2002, 11:19:41 »
U never should mess with the orginal files make first copy and mess with that my advice install Ofp again
greetings:pertti49

Sparky

« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2002, 17:18:37 »
it is a copy, the originals fine, the error only occurs when i try to load the seperate modified map. sorry if i didnt make that clear

pertti49

« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2002, 20:08:57 »
Seems that u have problem with your cpp remove all the place names and make it like it was original
greetings:pertti49

Sparky

« Reply #4 on: 24 Nov 2002, 22:16:27 »
i'm using the most basic of .cpp templates, it had one name in it, i've removed that but it changes nothing, same error message :'( There needs only to be the mission.sqm and config.cpp files in the compressed .pbo file right? i've seen config.bins in some .pbo's, they scare me... do i need referances to the textures and objects used in the world? i havent added any, but does there need to be a referance in the pbo to the ones used? uuurgh, why can't things just all be good, man i hate computers!!

dwolf

« Reply #5 on: 27 Nov 2002, 05:07:05 »
class CfgPatches {
   class island_name {
      units[] = {};
      weapons[] = {};
      worlds[] = {island_name};
      requiredVersion = 1.30;
   };
};

class CfgWorlds {
   class DefaultWorld {
   };
   class Intro : DefaultWorld {
   };
   class island_name : Intro {
      access = 3;
      description = "island_name";
      icon = "\island_name\picture.paa";
      worldName = "\island_name\island_name.wrp";
      cutscenes[] = {""};
        centerPosition[]={6000,7100,0};

};
};

class CfgWorldList {
   class island_name {
   };
};

----------------------------------------------------
Use this as the config.cpp
Just replace "island_name" with what you call your island.
Replace "picture.paa" with the picture you wish to show up in the editor.
You will need to make a folder,call it same as "island_name".
In  this folder put your .wrp file and your config.cpp file and also the picture.paa which is a 128x128 tga type file of your island converted to a .paa type file.TXTVIEW is the program that converts it.Just compress these files after there in the folder you made into a pbo file. works now.
If you made your own textures you would have to include thos into a subfolder otherwise you shouldn't have to place any other files there.