Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: how do you convert MLOD to ODOL?  (Read 2403 times)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

how do you convert MLOD to ODOL?
« on: 10 Nov 2002, 10:25:45 »
Hi, I have a question.  I wanted to add my models in the wrp editor but the wrp editor always tells me that the model is a old demo model and when I try it ingame, the building is half way buried in the ground but when I insert it manually from the mission editor under the "EMPTY"-> "OBJECT" it is placed correctly.  I tried opening DKMM_tunguska.p3d the tunguska addon by the DKM MOD team just to check out what kind of memory LOD they used to create that dust effect when driving but it told me that I can't open the model.  So I used my Hex Editor to check the format and it told me that it is in ODOL.

How did they do that?? Do they have the ODOL format .p3d editor? Is it alrdy out?

It will be very helpful.

Now, again, my question is how to convert or make a ODOL format from MLOD or from scratch so I could insert my models in the wrp editor without any error.  It is not how to open ODOL format .p3d models.

THanks

brsseb

Re:how do you convert MLOD to ODOL?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2002, 12:25:10 »
Hi

With the new program called Binarize its possible to reduce file sizes alot AND to cryptate the file so that noone can edit them. This is most likely the tool they have used on the p3d file, I think

brsseb

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #2 on: 10 Nov 2002, 13:52:47 »
Hey bresseb thanks for the information.  I have that tool but I didn't know what the use was for.  So,, now, I have a question. How do you use it?........ thanks.

brsseb

« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2002, 14:29:13 »
Have never used it myself yet, will do soon. Ive heard that the initial version is a bit hard to use (commandlinebased or something like that). But I heard rumors that someone made a graphical userinterface for it to make things alot easier. See ofp.info or ofp-zone.de and see if they have that GraphicalUserInterface-version.

brsseb

Offline jojimbo

• Members
  • I'm a BIG FAT LAZY llama!
« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2002, 19:02:12 »
make sure your mlod.p3d model folder with your addon
is in the binarize folder,along with any textures you have.
if you are using any ingame textures,make a copy of the unpbo'd data folder and put that in binarize as well.
now go get colonel klinks "binarizeit"
and (you guessed it)put that in the binarize folder.
click on binarizeit icon,and binarize that addon.
you now have your addon in odol format.
pbo it with amalfi's exellent pbo compression prog
and there you have it.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #5 on: 14 Nov 2002, 18:13:52 »
Thanks.  I'll try that out.  Where could I DL that colonel klinks tool?

NoRSu

« Reply #6 on: 14 Nov 2002, 21:44:12 »

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #7 on: 15 Nov 2002, 11:46:47 »
Hi I got the tool and I put the binarizeit.exe in the same folder as the .bat folder... now, I ran the program and tried binarizing it but the utility crashes and it only optimized my .cpp folder, and 2 sound file, and also the .wrp file.... It didn't convert the rest of the files (total files 386, total file size 49MB)  I read the readme or extrude or what ever and it said in the "HISTORY" saying the tool crashes when the file size was greater than 1 MB...... they didn't fix the thing yet? Jesus... I need them to fix it as soon as possible.