Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ivtiliac Island - fixing missing textures - transitions  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Hi am a total noob to island editing. I took my first stab at it last night.

I am using WrpTool to try and fix the missing textures on Ivtiliac island by nargul. Two cells were missing textures, which was easy to fix. However, after transitions it appears that some of transition textures, namely ptptb1s2.pac, s2ptb1b1.pac, b1pts2s2.pac, ptb1pts2.pac simply do not exist in O.

1) Can I find these textures anywhere? Is so do I put them into the same folder as the wrp?
2) Other rotations of some of the transitions exist. I can easily edit them. Do I put them into the same folder as the wrp?
3) I've noticed the decision procedure for texture transitions seems a little off in wrptool. It doesn't always place a transition where it seems obvious. Why?

Edit: Never mind. I figured it all out

« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2008, 21:53:00 by Mr.Peanut »
urp!

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
Re: Ivtiliac Island - fixing missing textures - transitions
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2008, 03:32:40 »
Can you explain the solution?

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2008, 17:52:12 »
Well, the WrpTool manual is a good place to start. It shows a picture of how transitions are handled. The gist of it is that each transition texture can be visualised as being cut into quarters, with each quarter representing one of the four surrounding terrain types.
ptptb1s2.pac is beach,beach,forest,stone
ptb1s2pt.pac is beach,forest,stone,beach
b1s2ptpt.pac is forest,stone,beach,beach
s2ptptb1.pac is stone,beach,beach,forest

If you examine each of these textures in texview, you will see they are all the same texture rotated by 0,90,180 and 270 degrees(warning texview shows textures upsidedown when compared to wrptool). Therefore if you have just one of the above textures you can easily make any of the remaining three. In texview open the texture you have and then save as, select any file, and give it  tga extension. Move the tga to a temporary folder and use your fav graphics editor to open and and rotate it as required. Save the new tga(24 bits) and name it as the texture you are missing. Now use texview to convert it to a pac. You will have to make sure the texture has the right filename, texview adds a paa extension, not pac. Now place the new texture in the folder of the island you are working on. In wrptool import the new texture. That is all!

edit: I forgot to mention that I had to make one texture myself by blending two together in a graphics editor.

« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2008, 16:45:22 by Mr.Peanut »
urp!

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2008, 12:51:55 »
Thanks for the explaination Mr Peanut  :good: