Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Savegame trouble  (Read 1327 times)

Offline GreenTerror

• Members
Savegame trouble
« on: 14 May 2008, 23:25:58 »
Hey, I guess I'm new to the boards, Ive been lurking around for a bit, been playing OFP on and off since it came out but in the last 3 months just started learning external scripting/descriptions/briefings/everything. I finally have ArmA working on my laptop, so anyway, Iv'e got a problem.

I tried searching and I have the same problem as the author of the mission "The Sahrani Run" When I save a game any way, I get a crash to desktop upon loading. I've been trying to make a mission to upload here, but as I've been working on it for like a month and now It's got this bug, Its kinda frustrating. As I'm pretty new to this, I don't care I'll just remove whats causing it in the mission. I looked over the other threads and couldn't find a culprit. Does anyone know what causes this bug as I'll just remove it from the mission. I don't know where to look, I have lots of triggers, some event handlers, lots of little scripts, etc, etc. I know how to work around it, like it says in the other thread, but I rather just not have this in my first mission. I've read that lots of variables could cause it, but my mission is not that big...

GreenTerror
« Last Edit: 14 May 2008, 23:28:54 by GreenTerror »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Savegame trouble
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2008, 23:51:27 »
Some savegame bugs are supposed to be fixed with the last 1.12 ArmA beta patch.

Offline GreenTerror

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2008, 07:10:27 »
I'm using 1.12

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2008, 19:10:17 »
i've read somewhere that having a lot of public variables causes this problem...

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2008, 19:47:06 »
Hey GreenTerror, welcome to OFPEC!

Did you try the solution suggested by arkon for The Sahrani Run to solve this problem? Might give us more insight.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline GreenTerror

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2008, 14:29:36 »
I do have a lot of public variables.... I can eliminate some and see if it works

Offline Rommel92

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2008, 22:21:42 »
Welcome to OFPEC.

and welcome to ArmA...

Savegame issues are a problem, I had them in my first install, but the dissapeared after that, whats your computer specs? It seemed to happen a lot on the lower end systems because an out of memory error or something.  :confused:

Offline GreenTerror

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2008, 07:37:07 »
Uhh its a laptop first of all, but it has 2 3.0 ghz processors, 3 gigs of memory, and a 256mb geforce go 6800