Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Looking for plug in or mod to allow recording and playback of game.  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Danakin1

• Members
I'm looking for an add-on to OFP-GOYT edition that allows recording of the game and playback, so that I could view what I have done as a third person viewer.
VBI seems to have the answer, but I'm not sure if this will work.  Also I installed the Airwolf MOD and want to be able to play back some of the scenes.  Almost like filming an action scene and so on.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks.

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
Can't say I've seen anything like that.
Normal way its done is you script everything to happen (i.e. no player involved) and then use the camera script to move about that scripted scene.

Offline Danakin1

• Members
Cool thanks...  As you can tell, I'm totally new to OFP...  I downloaded the Airwolf MOD and I'm learing how to creat missions and so on. 
So I'm slowly learing how the scripting thing works.  I'm trying to figure out how to create the Cutscenes and so on. 
I just figured out what that was...  Now just trying to figure out the scripting.
Thanks and please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Offline Gcfungus

• Members
Sure, jsut check the Editors Depot for guides about scripting.
These two should help you with camera scripting:
Camera.sqs Tutorial
Camera Scripting Guide

-=GC=-Fungus1999
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
~George Patton

Offline Danakin1

• Members
Thanks for the links...  Those will become very helpful...  I'm still not sure how to add the scripting...  Hopefully these tutorials will help.
I see that scripting can be done with Notes...  But where do I save the scripts?  That is the big question at this point.
Thanks again for all your help.

Offline Gcfungus

• Members
I don't understand what you mean by
I see that scripting can be done with Notes
You need to save the script in the mission's folder:
programfiles/codemasters/operationflashpoint/users/<your user name>/missions/<mission name>
then just activate the script with something like:
Code: [Select]
[unti1,unit2,unit3] exec "script1.sqs"
-=GC=-Fungus1999
The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
~George Patton

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Download Kegety's FWatch. It comes with a demo mission that illustrates mission playback.
http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/FWatch;70022

edit: checked the download and I do not see the demo mission included. It was a race that you could playback...

edit2: check this out instead http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Tactical_Operation
« Last Edit: 23 May 2008, 17:06:22 by Mr.Peanut »
urp!

Offline Danakin1

• Members
So I created my first scripted cut scene.  It's only about 50 seconds but I'm happy that I was even able to write a script.
I'm using the AirWolf MOD and the scene starts with Camera looking at pilot and then slowly pans to Airwolf, then fads to black.
I know, isn't that impressive, but it was my first attempt at scripting a scene.
Now I"m learing to script movements of the Units.  Something like "pilot gets into airwolf and takes off" kinda thing.  Right now I cheated by using waypoints and triggers.  But it is very restrictiv.
So I'm researching how to do that scripting.
I'm using something I downloaded to creat the scripts.  It is called ArmA edit.  It works pretty good.
I thought I could use notepad to create scripts, but the game does not recognize the .sqs files I created. 
I haven't tried wordpad yet.  Maybe I'll just stick to ArmA edit.

Does anybody know if most scripting for ArmA will work with OFP?  I seem to be able to only fine Tutorials for ArmA scripting.