Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Silenced sniper rifles?  (Read 2419 times)

Offline Patagonic

• Members
Silenced sniper rifles?
« on: 22 Feb 2008, 23:14:42 »
Hello,

I would like to be able to use good sniper silenced rifle, I coudn't find any. Is there a reason for this? I notice that the AI have some trouble to find me when I shoot them from 300 m or more with the m24. With a Silenced rifle will I be completely undetectable?
Anyway If there`s a good addon with silenced snipers rifles that you can recomend please post the link.
Thanks,   

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
Re: Silenced sniper rifles?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2008, 02:40:48 »
As far as I know there are isn't any addon like that.
From what I remember of OFP with M24 AI has troubles finding you either if you are under concealment or in higher terrain, but I think this is not due to the sniper rifle. One thing that also counts is the flare every sniper in OFP makes when it shoots, that's why snipers should be used at night in order not to be detectable.
So even with a silenced rifle you won't be completely undetectable if out of cover/concealment, lower ground than target AI and the night. There is always the possibility of being spotted! That also depends on the AI setting, in Cadet difficulty mode they take longer to pinpoint your location.

Offline Trash Can Man

• Members
  • We are no longer the knights who say "Ni!"
« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2008, 20:47:15 »
a silenced sniper rifle my friends and I like is the JahSG551 pretty accurate and most of all quiet!  :good:

TCM

Offline Patagonic

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2008, 16:49:30 »
a silenced sniper rifle my friends and I like is the JahSG551 pretty accurate and most of all quiet!  :good:

TCM

This rifle sounds interesting. Do you have the link to download this addon or mod?

Another questions since you guys, probably know more than I do. Is not easy to spot the flare of a non silenced rifle in the night?

What are disadvantages of a silencer? For example: Do they make the shoot less accurate?

Thanks for the replies.

Offline Trash Can Man

• Members
  • We are no longer the knights who say "Ni!"
« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2008, 21:39:05 »
here ya go...

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=4446

This rifle (atleast for us) is very accurate. If by "flare" you mean muzzle blast, this rifle has very little to none.

TCM

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
« Reply #5 on: 29 Feb 2008, 13:47:17 »
The VSS was a very cool silenced sniper rifle .... maybe too good. Was always sort after by killers, ransacking the bodies of the east troops :)
http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=5302
Or look for updates of it in other Packs