Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Where to put scripts, making civillians enemies  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Rdavies

• Members
Where to put scripts, making civillians enemies
« on: 23 Jun 2007, 18:52:59 »
Hi,i just wondering how do you you use scripts in ARMA, I know how to use them in OFP, but with arma theres no user file, therefore, i dont know where my missions are to input scripts into the folder. Also, Im currently making a mission where you are a civillian, sabotaging A radio tower, is there a way to make civillians enemies to Russians, as in a better way than "addrating" which is a bit crude when trying to interact with friendly units, i've also tried adding civillians to US and RACS groups, the civillians target russian soldiers, but even grouped like this, the russians do not open fire on the civillians. Any help appreciated.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re: Where to put scripts, making civillians enemies
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2007, 19:43:44 »
1) da user files r in da "my Documents/ArmA Other Profiles"]

2) 2 give da units a side u can edit da mission.sqm find ur unit and change its side 2 west/resistance... just backup ur file b4 messin w/ it in case u delete sometin important

or u cud try da setFriend command as in

Code: [Select]
civilian setFriend [east, 0]
east setFriend [civilian, 0]

i think it shud work

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline Rdavies

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2007, 19:49:40 »
Thanks a lot.

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jun 2007, 17:55:21 »
The technique I always use is to create a west or east unit with a probability of presence of zero.  Then you group your civilian units to this west/east unit (i.e., make it the leader).  Then these civilians assume the side of their non-existant leader.
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline Rdavies

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jun 2007, 20:13:12 »
thanks for the suggestion, i tried it and still the same, they dont see them as enemies, but will be useful for future reference. As for the setfriend command, it seems to make the civillians enemies, as the Russian troops point their weapons, go prone and seem to go into aware or combat mode when their around, but they never fire on them, just point their weapons at them. Any other suggestions?

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
« Reply #5 on: 25 Jun 2007, 20:25:12 »
I attached a super-simple sample mission, whith one squad of OPFOR, and a crowd of civilians grouped to a BLUFOR leader who's Probability of Presence slider is set to zero (slid all the way to the left).

The OPFOR slaughters all these civs every time.

I have used this technique multiple times, even had civilians fight each other with some grouped to opfor, and some grouped to blufor, so I don't understand why it didn't work for you...

Try the sample out.
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2007, 05:52:09 »
I must agree with johnnyboy's method. I find it the most reliable, and it's not difficult to do either.