Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Enemy empty trucks still counted as enemies  (Read 957 times)

Offline DjTano

• Members
Enemy empty trucks still counted as enemies
« on: 26 Jun 2007, 17:28:54 »
Hey guys,

im having this problem that in my mission i have an enemy truck that has to be taken care of, and a script that only works when all enemies in its area are dead.

Now when i attack the truck and kill all enemies inside, the truck is still counted as an enemy one, and so the script doesnt get triggered.

Is there any way to solve this?

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
Re: Enemy empty trucks still counted as enemies
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2007, 17:35:19 »
hi DJTano,

Maybe if you started the truck out as empty and then "moveindriver" and "moveincargo" the enemy soldiers to the inside of it, it won't be counted as an enemy truck?  Hopefully this kind of thing will be sorted out in the next patch.
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2007, 21:36:14 by Lee »

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
Re: Enemy empty trucks still counted as enemies
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2007, 18:13:50 »
You could do several things.

Set it's captive state to true, destroy it with a script whatever. The empty vehicle idea is a good one. That method of creating vehiles allows you to do things like give names to both the vehicle and the crew, to add gunners and pilots who can be told different things, like having the pilot set to careless, so he flies properly and gunners set to combat so they fire at stuff while the pilot does as he's told.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."