Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Desert Strike mod  (Read 1547 times)

Offline digitaldragon

• Members
Desert Strike mod
« on: 15 Jun 2007, 16:34:23 »
Not to be confused with the Airwolf mod (Ithink it has a Desert Strike mission). This is based on the original Sega Mega Drive/Genesis game 'Desert Strike: Return to the Gulf'. I have made most of the map (quite straight-forward!) and now I'm looking into creating the modifications. I need to make all the original models from the game (obviously) and I also need to mod the Apache as it needs to hold five extra people. I am also going to incorperate all the original sounds from the game and the re-do the cut-scenes.

Now I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to make a mod for the winch where I can pick up people/ammo/armour/fuel?
2. Can I make enemy soldiers w/AK47's, fire upon the chopper?
3. What are the rules/restrictions with making a mod of this type and then releasing it over the internet for free?

Offline digitaldragon

• Members
Re: Desert Strike mod
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2007, 14:23:32 »
wow, it's quiet around here.

Offline digitaldragon

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2007, 18:41:40 »
Please, does anybody know the answers to my simple questions?

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2007, 19:04:08 »
mkay, first and foremost, if you're not getting a response within a day of posting the question, chances are either your question is too difficult, or not stated clearly enough. posting three times in succession in almost as many days will do nothing but get you the wrong kind of attention, i.e. from a moderator.

to the questions -

yes it's possible to script a winch/towcable, in fact there are several such resources on this site if you care to search for them. however, it is not an easy thing to do, especially when incorporating it into a standalone addon.

yes, you can make ai soldiers fire upon a chopper, but it's pretty difficult - again there are numerous threads on this site dealing with the problem.

as for the rules and regulations concerning designing and releasing your addon to the world at large, all the information you require will be in the EULA (end user licence agreement) which you will have had to accept before installing the game. if your question regards copyright implications concerning the original game, google 'copyright' and 'fair use'.

while they may be short your questions are not 'simple'. my first suggestion would be for you to use the very effective search function and have a look at the 5+ years worth of posts to see if that yields solutions. you may be surprised at how much it turns up.

main thing is not to get impatient if you don't get a response to your question - there's a wealth of information at your fingertips, and if you do some digging first, chances are that your question will develop into one that will get a response.