Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Two problems  (Read 1311 times)

Offline hamis

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Two problems
« on: 24 Nov 2005, 18:15:58 »
Hi!I have two probs:1.Always then starting the game (main menu)i get this error msg:'burst/' is not a class('ammo' accessed).2.I have replaced all the units (weapons,vehicles,soldiers)with best addons i have found.The prob is that most of them cause missing addon error messages.Any solutions?

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Two problems
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2005, 18:27:04 »
Your 2 problems are most probably related.

If you have replaced the default units with units of your choice from third party makers, then I suspect the errors are generated by faulty configs for one or more of your addons and/or some of those addons depend in some way on the default addons which are no longer present.

It isn't really possible to say which addon is generating any of the errors because:

1./  There are many many addons out there.

2./  We have very little info to go on.

At a guess I would say your first error has something to do with the CfgAmmo or CfgWeapons sections of some addons config.cpp.

Planck
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2005, 18:35:26 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Lean Bear

Re:Two problems
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jan 2006, 22:42:12 »
It's gonna take a while (depending on how many addons you have) but you could take all of them out of your Addons folder and then replace them one-by-one until you get an error message when you start up OFP.

Then merely unPBO the problem-addon and (from what the error message says) try and fix the problem.

You should find the problem you're talking about somewhere under the CfgWeapons where a machine gun is config'd. There will be something like:

class Single
{
~~~~~
};

class Burst
{
~~~~~~
};

But maybe there won't be a class burst and you'll need to make one - or a similar problem.