Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Problems with 1.85 and WrpEdit  (Read 1583 times)

Kaliyuga

Problems with 1.85 and WrpEdit
« on: 15 Oct 2002, 07:55:00 »
 Well.. I downloaded the new patch earlier... and now I can't open my island which contains resistance objects  >:(  

Is this a way for BIS to screw us out of the ability to make awesome islands that include resistance buildings or textures?
:noo:  
 And if so.. who can come up with a way to get around this..  ???  
 I can see why they wouldn't mention something like this being in the patch, cause if I would have known I would have never downloaded the patch until my island was finished
.. but if this is the case it's really really sorry of them to pull that kinda stuff on us ...   Anyone else experiencing this problem yet ?

ofpinternals

Re:Problems with 1.85 and WrpEdit
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2002, 10:48:28 »
What exactly error message?

Leone

« Reply #2 on: 15 Oct 2002, 11:18:44 »
I tried it out today...no problems at all with Resistance objects. How have you been putting in your Res objects? I have been using a Cutpbo'd O.PBO in my addons folder....and haven't had any probs.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #3 on: 15 Oct 2002, 12:37:22 »
   Hmm... well I have the cut pbo version in my DTA folder... and am about 3/4 of the way done with my island.. so it's quite frustrating  :hmm:  

@ofpinternals  First off... thanks for the quick response... glad to know that you guys over there are keepin an eye on this forum :thumbsup:  

And about that error message.... here it is :

List index out of bounds (65535)

I try to open my file... shows on the bottom of the window that all my textures and P3D's are loading.. then I get that error right when the island should come up on the screen..

any help would be greatly appreciated ;)

Just had a thought here... would using cut-pbo on the updated O.pbo and Noe.pbo possibly solve my prob??

I'll check back here in the morning ;)  

Leone

« Reply #4 on: 15 Oct 2002, 15:33:09 »
Give it a shot....but I'm just using cut 1.75 versions. Not that this is what you want to hear right now, but this is a good lesson for all to make back-ups of your WRP files regularly (I do it after every time I have tested in-game). I hope you can recover it :)

Waterman

« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2002, 17:10:09 »
Try this thread at the OFPinternals Forum:

http://www.ofpinternals.megaforums.ru/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=309&forum=12&8

Sounds like a bad texture file or something which only OFPinternals can fix. (and maybe a few others?)

1.85 has also been causing Kaliyuga some probs as well. (You probably know that anyway! :))  

Hope this helps,
Waterman. :)
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2002, 17:14:11 by Waterman »

Kaliyuga

« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2002, 20:14:32 »
 Hmm..... well I do have several backups.. actually.. including a pbo version I can open up if need be....

I think this might spring from the remove unused texture  option, I happened to use that yesterday...
One good thing is that I noticed on the OFPInternals forum that if nothing else will work I can send my file to them and it will be fixed...... right?   ;D   anyways.. I'll try and use an older version of my map and see what happens

Kaliyuga

« Reply #7 on: 16 Oct 2002, 04:52:10 »
  Well.. I used one of my earlier versions and it works ok  so.... problem solved.... set me back a few days... but hey no big deal right ? ;D