Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: WrpEdit help  (Read 1883 times)

Zahael

WrpEdit help
« on: 09 Oct 2002, 05:37:54 »
Hi, I am keen to make my own world, but I am confused about WRPEdit.

I went to the OFP internals page but I couldn't work out what exactly I was supposed to download.  Could someone be pretty specific or give me an alternative download spot?

Also, the Soldier 5 tutorial.  I read the tutorial before I have seen the actual program.  Am I right in understanding that before I use it I need to find some sort of text file that gives the program terrain data?

Thanks

Zahael

Kaliyuga

Re:WrpEdit help
« Reply #1 on: 09 Oct 2002, 10:08:44 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zahael

« Reply #2 on: 09 Oct 2002, 18:12:24 »
Thanks for the program.  The tutorial is a bit of a problem though, it talks about some other program first.  What is this program and where can I find it?

Thanks

Zahael

Kaliyuga

« Reply #3 on: 09 Oct 2002, 22:06:37 »
 The other program is called Wilbur.. and can be found here:

http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~jslayton/software.html

if you scroll about halfway down the page then you'll find the download button ;D

Wilbur will allow you to create an island that you can import into WRP... this is nice because you can basically "paint" your island and the elevations you want before getting it into WRP Edit....   This allows you to make smoother hills, and rounder textures than WRPedit does..... once you're in WRP you're stuck with those huge cells of land ::) where you have to edit a rather large amount of land... you can see the cells in game.. where ever there are those big, ugly squared off sections of land :p

Zahael

« Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2002, 04:58:45 »
Thanks for that.  Which version do I download by the way, 1.15 or 1.25 ?

The other thing is the tutorial has a number of pictures.  Unfortunately, they don't show up.  Any idea where i can get them?

Thanks

Zahael

Kaliyuga

« Reply #5 on: 10 Oct 2002, 05:09:27 »
 I think the one I have is 1.15 since I've had it for a while.. but either one should work just fine for you ...

about the pics.. I actually have em... but they never worked for me in that tutorial at least... just showed up as that little red x .... I would have sent them to ya with the tute, but that put me a bit over the 50k limit for attachments...

For the life of me I can't remember where I got that tute from in the first place otherwise I'd give you a link.. Maybe someone else knows where that tute came from.. or else I'd bet an IM to Jahve would accomplish the same thing.. I bet he could either send you a copy or point you in the right direction to download it somewhere ;)

Zahael

« Reply #6 on: 10 Oct 2002, 05:33:20 »
Cool.  By the way, is there a tut for Wilbur?  I am not sure how it works.  I was planning to use the tut, but since I can't see the pictures, I am not really sure what is going on.

Zahael

Kaliyuga

« Reply #7 on: 10 Oct 2002, 05:56:11 »
O.K.   I did some digging around for you .. and found the stuff you need

http://www.ofp.info/talesofwar/

look on the right hand side where it says WRPedit tutorial and that will take you to the download link for the tutorial ;)

Zahael

« Reply #8 on: 10 Oct 2002, 06:17:42 »
Very cool and thanks for that but I have another minor problem.

With the tutorial pictures, the Wilbur screen has tool bars down the side and over the top.

Mine doesn't have that. How do I turn them on?

Thnaks

Zahael

Kaliyuga

« Reply #9 on: 10 Oct 2002, 07:30:11 »
  Well.... I had a look at my Wilbur ...   and as far as I can tell... you need to go to the top of the screen and make sure that both the status bar and tool bar are checked off under the view menu.

Another thing I noticed is that my version of Wilbur is 1.25 , so maybe 1.15 isn't quite the same ???

If you still can't get it to work, I can send you my copy through ICQ  if you have it.. It's rather large at about 2.42 megs, but if you can't get your copy to work I'll be happy to send you a copy of mine

Zahael

« Reply #10 on: 15 Oct 2002, 04:50:05 »
Ok, I am using the Wilbur program and I;ve got a bit of an issue.

With the tutorial, the opening steps specify that I should use the thickest paint brush to paint he screen green.  Unfortunately, I have no green.  Instead, when I paint the screen area, it becomes grey. and seems to be raised.

Has anyone else had this problem? IS this normal?

Thanks

Zahael