Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Tanks Shooting Chopper?  (Read 684 times)

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Tanks Shooting Chopper?
« on: 15 Sep 2005, 07:55:50 »
In this mission I'm making, how can I implement a simple coded text in a trigger with out using external scripting, to get any number of tanks with names to fire at a chopper that you control. Obviously when ever you (west) are detected, but I can do that my self. The first sentece is all I want to know how to do. Step by Step help requested here. Thanks..
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re:Tanks Shooting Chopper?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Sep 2005, 08:45:35 »
first of all int's unlikely that tanks will target choppers unless they a) have anti aircraft weapons or b) you use invisible targets, which requires scripting. in the case of a) -

Code: [Select]
tank_name reveal chopper_name
tank_name dotarget chopper_name
tank_name dofire chopper_name

in the case of b) -

download the invisible targets addon, use a looping script to keep the target next to the chopper, and use the lines of code above on the target rather than the chopper.

a search will reveal where to find invisible targets.

Dagon

« Reply #2 on: 15 Sep 2005, 08:56:48 »
You could try:

tank reveal helo; tank dotarget helo; tank dofire helo; <read below>

After setting dofire to the helo, you might wanna CamCreate and SetVelocity a couple of tank shells - also, if you intend the helicopter to be hit you should simply camcreate a tankshell inside the helo. Tanks won't always fire at helicopters even if told to dofire, so camcreating shells and possibly playsound'ing the tank firing noises could make it seem like the tanks are firing more than they actually are.

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #3 on: 15 Sep 2005, 15:59:24 »
bedges~
Hey yeah I actually have the invisible targets addon. I actually have one of their invis. Targets inserted on the chopper.
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

bored_onion

« Reply #4 on: 15 Sep 2005, 19:58:42 »
can you use invisible helipads for this as well to save addons or am i being silly?

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2005, 20:26:21 »
im pretty sure that AI dont target H pads invisible or visible ones i tried that for supprssing fire script wich didnt work also i think it would of been tried before using the addons unless theres something else wich can be shot at