Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Flags and Walking  (Read 848 times)

tuba_player2008

Flags and Walking
« on: 12 Jul 2005, 17:11:35 »
I have 2 questions to bug you people with today.  First, I place a flag from the objects part of the editor on the map.  When I play its just a flag pole.  I'm pretty sure there is something you put in the Intalization field of the flag pole to put a flog on it.  If any one can tell me what or how to do that or if there is a tutorial that list it.  My other question is, I'm useing a Civil War Mod.  I got the formation right, long stright line of people.  My only problum is I need them to walk.  Is there something I can do to my the squads of people walk to there target?  Thanks,
                                               Benjamin.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re:Flags and Walking
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2005, 17:18:11 »
always check the faq before posting - that's what it's there for.

civil war question - no idea, sorry.

tuba_player2008

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2005, 18:59:31 »
I figured out the flag thing, it's cool you could not help on the walking.  I do have another question though on radio stuff.  First, how do I get a break between the displaying of the text.  What I mean is say I have Alpha 1 and Bravo 1 talking.  Alpha 1 says something then Bravo 1.  Alpha 1 and Bravo 1 text show up at the same time, I want a break inbetween as if 2 people were talking.  Get the idea?  Also, say I got a person talking, then when they are done they move to another location.  How do I make them finish talking before they move?  Thanks,
                                      Benjamin.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2005, 19:51:07 »
use pauses. they look like this

Code: [Select]
~45
that'll wait for - yep, you guessed it - forty five seconds.

to make something wait until someone is finished 'talking', approximate how long it will take and insert a pause.

qqqqqq

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2005, 23:03:02 »
bedges' answer applies to scripts.   If you are using gamelogics and waypoints like BIS did then put numbers in the timeout fields of the waypoints.

Use setbehaviour safe to make loons walk, or at least mostly walk.  

tuba_player2008

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2005, 04:59:48 »
Thanks for the info on every thing.  qqqqqqq what I mean on the walking thing though is I would like to have their musketts drawn.  But I think your way is the only way.  Well what ever is historicaly accuret.
                                                           Benjamin.