Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New mechanized units  (Read 1188 times)

RangerStew

New mechanized units
« on: 07 Oct 2002, 05:46:44 »
I want to make some new mechanized infantry groups using the Bradley with Nato infantry, and a BMP/BMP2 with the new SDOC/UCE Russian infantry. I went to the editors depot to the config.cpp tutorial and was going to DL the sample .cpp file for making a new group like that but the link is dead. Anyone know where I can find another? Thanks.

RangerStew
RLTW!!!

MekBat-Jim

Re:New mechanized units
« Reply #1 on: 08 Oct 2002, 23:20:59 »
No idea ! .. But your idea on making more mechanized groups is very good .. and with those new great russian soldiers..

Mekbat - Mekaniserad Bataljon

CrunchyFrog

« Reply #2 on: 09 Oct 2002, 01:06:46 »
you can use this as a template:

class CfgGroups
{
   class East
   {
      name="CF Russian"

class CFrussianInfantry
      {
         name="CF Russian Army";

class CFrussianSquad
         {
            name="CF Russian Infantry Squad";
         class Unit0{name="1";side=0;vehicle="CFrussianOfficer";rank="Sergeant";position[]={0,0,0};};
         class Unit1{name="2";side=0;vehicle="CFrussianGrenadier";rank="Corporal";position[]={-8,-3,0};};
         class Unit2{name="3";side=0;vehicle="CFrussianSVDsoldier";rank="Corporal";position[]={-6,-3,0};};
         class Unit3{name="4";side=0;vehicle="CFrussianMachinegunner";rank="Corporal";position[]={-4,-3,0};};
         class Unit4{name="5";side=0;vehicle="CFrussianATsoldier";rank="Corporal";position[]={-2,-3,0};};
         class Unit5{name="6";side=0;vehicle="CFrussianRPKsoldier";rank="Private";position[]={0,-3,0};};
         class Unit6{name="7";side=0;vehicle="CFrussianMedic";rank="Private";position[]={2,-5,0};};
         class Unit7{name="8";side=0;vehicle="CFrussianSoldier";rank="Private";position[]={4,-3,0};};
         class Unit8{name="9";side=0;vehicle="CFrussianSoldier";rank="Private";position[]={4,-4,0};};
         class Unit9{name="10";side=0;vehicle="CFrussianSoldier";rank="Private";position[]={4,-5,0};};

};
};
};
};

RangerStew

« Reply #3 on: 09 Oct 2002, 23:25:46 »
Thanks Crunchy, but that hasnt been the problem. Its the rest of the config file I need help on. Or am I just being a moron and that is all I need?(substituting the units I want in my addon ofcourse). Been trying all sorts of things. No worky so far.

Stew
RLTW!!!!!!!