Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Night Vision Goggles  (Read 1487 times)

Offline SafetyCatch

• Members
  • War...it's fantastic!
Night Vision Goggles
« on: 17 Apr 2005, 13:42:30 »
Hi there,

I am wondering, is it possible to make a new night vision addon without having to replace the original BIS model/textures or having animated NVGs (like the BAS pilots)??

Let me know :)

DBR_ONIX

Re:Night Vision Goggles
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2005, 14:19:35 »
Nope.. The BAS Animated NVGs jused the same idea as the goggles on a lot of infantry. It turned the NVGs on the model down, and put on the players NVGs.. You could use the old Turn of Night Vision button and still have the "new NVGs" down

THe easiest way to replace the textures/models with with a mod folder with new data.pbo in it
- Ben

Offline SafetyCatch

• Members
  • War...it's fantastic!
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2005, 20:42:02 »
Is there not a way you can do it with hidden selections, say delete the BIS NVG proxy and then make a script so it detects wen the unit has NVGs - therefore making it so wen they put them on the NVG selection appears, and when the unit turns them off, the selection is hidden again???

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #3 on: 13 May 2005, 01:39:34 »
That won't work, since you can't detect when a unit has NVGs on or off.

But doing it like the BAS pilots is probably the best way, with a combination of detecting if the unit has NVGs (possible) and add/remove the NVGs on the unit model...

Offline SafetyCatch

• Members
  • War...it's fantastic!
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2005, 11:56:48 »
Ok then, I think I'll do that

WAKA-WAKA

« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2005, 06:37:57 »
is there any way to have it when a unit hhas the night vision goggles they cant activate them unless they have a particular weapon?

bdfy1

« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2005, 21:08:20 »
Is there any NVG addon that allow you to see better then with standart ones ? I really hate night missions just because I can't  see much dur to noise :( I can even say that I can see better in OFP night wothout NV at all...
Is there NVG with less noise ?