Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Coloring Hud in yellow  (Read 935 times)

jwho

Coloring Hud in yellow
« on: 09 May 2005, 22:45:57 »
Hi all,

I'm completely noob with image editing and all that, but I would just like to change the color of my hud from white to yellow.

I tried something by myself, beginning from the original .paa file. But when I convert the file to .tga with Texview, modify it with PaintShopPro 8,  and then back to .paa with Texview, something is hapenning cause Texview doesn't see anything anymore. On the other hand, if I try to convert the .paa to .tga with PAATool, I have an error message "TGA file is not 32bpp, was 0 bpp".

Do you have a quick and simple way to achieve what I want? Or more, if I'm not demanding to much, could one of you pros just sent me the mod files? Those are :
-w_weapon.paa
-w_weapon_s.paa
-w_weapon_t.paa

in Data.pbo.

Thanks a lot :)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Coloring Hud in yellow
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2005, 22:51:31 »
The tga file must be saved as 24 bit uncompressed from PSP.

I don't know about version 8 , I use version 7.04.

With the 8 bit alpha channel that the original .paa files have this would make the tga 32 bit.

If you still can't get it to work......try the ones from the link below.

Planck

« Last Edit: 09 May 2005, 23:02:18 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

jwho

Re:Coloring Hud in yellow
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2005, 00:17:06 »
Thank you so much Sir, most appreciate. Yours work perfectly :).

I had followed your advice, everything went fine this time, no error messages at all, except that in game I simply lost the small center vertical line..?? The other part (the split T) was there and well colored... I don't get it. I'll try to figure it out these days. Thanks again.