Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Offical addons Vs user made  (Read 1544 times)

Baphomet

Offical addons Vs user made
« on: 03 Oct 2002, 05:05:24 »

Some user addons of helicopters I've noticed, don't behave the same way as those that come with the game.

For example, the UH-60 you can shoot the gunner and pilot, and kill them whilst inside. However it seems with some addons. Such as DMX's UH-60 w/m134. I've tried to shoot the gunner and pilot from exposed parts of the chopper. It seems like it isn't possible. The same holds true for the release of the Capt Moore's Littlebird pack.

I was just wondering why this seems to be.
« Last Edit: 03 Oct 2002, 05:06:47 by Baphomet »

Eviscerator

Re:Offical addons Vs user made
« Reply #1 on: 03 Oct 2002, 07:26:47 »
the uh-60 and m134 are like this because it uses a demo model, which is a much earlier version than the one ingame, and ive never noticed that problem with capt moores littlebirds, i can always shoot the pilots

Baphomet

« Reply #2 on: 03 Oct 2002, 08:09:18 »

Hm. How many releases of the littlebird pack have there been? I've walked around to the side of the chopper where there is no exposed glass and I can't seem to shoot either pilot or gunner... =/

I like both of those addons. Its just I like to be able to take out the occupants to.

Eviscerator

« Reply #3 on: 03 Oct 2002, 08:40:08 »
check www.ofp.info and make sure you have the latest version, if not wait for ballistics littlebirds, ive been shooting the pilots with the helicopters flying for hours :)

Baphomet

« Reply #4 on: 08 Oct 2002, 07:17:20 »

I swear I downloaded the very one from that site and the only way you can kill the pilots it seems is by injuring them with collateral damage from hitting the heli. Its like the glass doesn't count for anything... the only time I can kill them is when the damn thing is half a point from exploding. I can't shoot -them- once the glass is broken... its like it evenly distributes the damage of my shot to everything including the helicopter.

I've seen this with other addons too... Its kind of annoying. If I could fix it I would.
« Last Edit: 08 Oct 2002, 07:17:51 by Baphomet »

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 08 Oct 2002, 17:01:16 »
It goes to "average" damage when there is no fire geo with crew and cargo proxies. If those are in place and set up properly then the crew and cargo are hit individually.

SelectThis

Offline Jahve

• Former Staff
    • Jahwerks
« Reply #6 on: 10 Oct 2002, 14:32:02 »
Capt Moore's littlebirds arent mods from the demo MLODs. They were made from top to bottom.